One of my favorite colors to work with is blue. You’re probably like, “duh.” I think blue is such a happy color – it’s the hue of a brilliant sky or glassy body of water. It’s so organic and pure. Plus blue has such a versatile quality and can easily blend in almost any color setting. It doesn’t take much to add a hint of blue, even the presence of a soft blue lamp and paintings with murky blue skies, as seen in this charcoal bedroom, makes an impact.
As we begin to experience the wisp of warmer air, chirps of birds, and peeks of spring buds in the trees, I can’t help but long to bring fresh blue indoors. Infusing a little blue in your space is a great way to add a touch of spring. Love this tailored blue slipcover and wallcovering combo via.
I put together an inspiration board for you with a collection of soft blues, minty blues, and even a powerful navy stripe you can add into your bedroom. Not all together, of course. See which one of these you like best.
1. This chicken wire fabric brings in a casual graphic element and would be lovely paired with other linen pillows in shades of blue.
2. The most beautiful floral linen print I’ve seen in a while. Great for a lumbar pillow on your bed, a bench, occasional chair, or pair of upholstered x-benches.
3. I adore this minty blue sconce for a classic touch on either side of a bed or reading nook…low inventory alert.
4. What an adorable tufted robins egg blue chair – I would love to have this in a corner of my bedroom!
5. A soft velvet pillow with pom poms can add a playful vibe to any chair or bed.
6. These striped panels are a great way to add a preppy punch of blue in the bedroom. And super cheap!
7. This tranquil shade by Benjamin Moore is Quiet Moments #1563…the title alone makes me want to paint our entire bedroom this color!
9. And this chic lucite tray with stand has been on my wish list for a while – would happen to look great against walls painted Benjamin Moore 1563 Quiet Moments.
8. My favorite throw from Pizitz- comes in five colors. It’s so thick, soft and surprisingly durable. The herringbone pattern is gorgeous – you’ll have this throw for years.
10. I could see this little lamp on a dresser or vanity for a soft blue touch.
. . . .
It’s been an action packed, nonstop two weeks – I’m really looking forward to chillin in my pj’s as much as possible. As a mom of four, I’ve learned you have to embrace relaxation moments whenever you can, because the marathon schedule rarely slows down.
What are your plans to relax this weekend?