things that make us happy…

Picture 25

Love these toy bins.  They’re good looking, well-made and reasonably priced.  But what I like most is they help keep me sane.  If you need pretty and easily accessible toy storage, these are the ones.  We have them in two out of four of our kid rooms.

Funny, mine came with small people inside.

IMG_7484

Look a little closer and you’ll see.

IMG_7485

In other news, offspring were home from school today.  Painting was part of our morning routine. [the eldest was on his mac]

IMG_7481

If you see a large white bulky object crammed on the bottom of my small corner shelves in the above pic and happen to be wondering, “is that a Brinkman 2,000,000 watt glare free rechargeable flashlight?”  Then the answer is yes.

Ridiculous.flashlight

This is what husband requested for his Christmas gift.  So I bought it.  Now I see it laying around our house in different spots each week and I’m still not sure what it’s used for.  Blinding innocent animals at night?  Communicating with other light houses across the ocean?  Sending secret messages to our nearest Air Force Base?

Whatever it is, it seems to be something my husband really loves.  And I really love our toy bins.  Either way, we’re happy and I’m thankful for that.

This entry was posted in Life, Playrooms. Bookmark the permalink. Comments are closed, but you can leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted January 20, 2009 at 12:11 am | Permalink | Edit

Loooove the photo of them peeking out of the bins. How cute!!! xoxo

2. Posted January 20, 2009 at 3:48 am | Permalink | Edit

I agree – those toy bins are fantastic. And that’s an adorable picture of you kids hanging out inside of them! Funny that they can fit!

3. Posted January 20, 2009 at 4:59 am | Permalink | Edit

Loving the upholstered banquette I see peeking out from behind the kids? Is that what it is?

4. Posted January 20, 2009 at 4:59 am | Permalink | Edit

5. Posted January 20, 2009 at 4:59 am | Permalink | Edit

6. Posted January 20, 2009 at 5:11 am | Permalink | Edit

Funny – how these little things make us happy. You know what makes me happy, a new paint brush or a finished work of art.

7. Posted January 20, 2009 at 6:06 am | Permalink | Edit

It’s funny the things those hubby’s must have. Then again, mine puts up with many things that I “absolutely” need to own, so I guess I should keep quiet. :)
    LOVE those chairs (chairs are a weakness of mine)in your kitchen and it looks like the kids had a fun day! Mine had a four day weekend as well, and I think they were actually looking forward to getting back to school today. I love them dearly, but I have to admit that I was ready for them to return, too!

8. Louisa
    Posted January 20, 2009 at 6:35 am | Permalink | Edit

My husband has one of those spotlight things too!!! His is also handheld – and it’s heavy! He uses it when he walks the dog – and yes, to shine on innocent woodland creatures that happen to pass through our yard. It seems to make him happy, so….
    The photo with the kids in the toybin is priceless! :)

9. Posted January 20, 2009 at 6:45 am | Permalink | Edit

The picture of your little crazies peeking their heads out is so cute. I don’t know them, but I love them. :)

10. Posted January 20, 2009 at 9:35 am | Permalink | Edit

So cute! We have a mid-sized Expedit from IKEA in our toy room–along with 3 out of 4 families across America. :)
    I had no idea those bins were so big! Those are perfect for the bedrooms.

11. kathysue
    Posted January 20, 2009 at 9:55 am | Permalink | Edit

Seleta, this is great I am in the process of pulling together ideas for my grandbabies room here at my house.They call it their room and it is a bedroom/playroom for 2 boys and a girl.I am going to use Black and white as my base and add some colors in the access.I love the use of silouettes and letters and numbers.If you know of any great ideas that would fit that motif, I am open for suggestions. I think I want to us an awning stripe for the bedskirt and hopefully can figure out how to get the kid profiles made on pillows. I found a site that will do that but whoa the cost was Crazy.I think these storage bins might be a good idea,it is in my inspiration folder. Thanks for always keeping my mind young. Kathysue

12. Posted January 20, 2009 at 1:58 pm | Permalink | Edit

So precious! Looks like you have a couple of future fashion divas on your hands!
    Love,
    The girls at Willow

13. Posted January 20, 2009 at 4:39 pm | Permalink | Edit

I love the great hide n’ seek bins! How can you not spoil your adorable little ones? They are so precious!

14. N
    Posted January 20, 2009 at 7:04 pm | Permalink | Edit

We have that toy bin! It went from my son’s room now to my daughter’s room. Love it.

15. Posted January 20, 2009 at 8:35 pm | Permalink | Edit

aww the kids are so cute!! and i like those toy bins. hopefully that kind of cute practical stuff will still be around by the time i ever have kids. and ps i love your style!

16. Pattyann
    Posted January 22, 2009 at 5:54 pm | Permalink | Edit

Seleta…you are so funny…men & flashlights….too funny. I asked my hub to buy a gift for my best friend’s hub during my frenzy to get-it-all-done at christmas. He came home (proudly I might add) with a flashlight. Told me “every man can use a new flashlight”. Maybe it is something in the y chromosome??

17. nealie
    Posted January 24, 2009 at 10:08 pm | Permalink | Edit

love the bins! where did you find them? your babes are such sweet,concentrating artists!

18. Posted June 23, 2010 at 9:10 pm | Permalink | Edit

Happiness is like a pebble dropped into a pool to set in motion an ever-widening circle of ripples. As Stevenson has said,being happy is a duty.