eye candy…

Kitchen

I have to say that pop of blue in the back of those cabinets really does it for me.  Brings everything to life.  I want to move in this kitchen.

Isn't it amazing what a little touch of paint or wallcovering can do to the back of a cabinet?  It's so very economical and sassy all wrapped up in one.  A great combo.  I saw this amazing cabinet on Pink Wallpaper's site.  She actually did a great post on "wallpapering in a recession".  Love that title.  Go check it out here.

Trellis

And speaking of pure fabulousness on a budget, did you see Eddie's unbelievable before and after butler's pantry?  It's gorge.  He's been in his new {old} farmhouse for less than a week and he's already done this?  I know, we're not the least bit surprised.

Check out his before and after here.  He shares his paint color, organizing tips and even style secrets in the post, so it's a must see.

This pantry has the refined elegance of a Tiffany's box holding a sparkling platinum ring, doesn't it?

Eddie

[photos: house beautiful, pink wallpaper, Eddie Ross]

This entry was posted in Design. Bookmark the permalink. Comments are closed, but you can leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted February 10, 2009 at 4:43 am | Permalink | Edit

love that first pic! the blue is so great! the girl who owns that cabinet actually wrote a comment on my blog and i am dying to see where she put it…i wish she would send a pic! and eddie- so perfect…it’s sick!

2. Posted February 10, 2009 at 4:48 am | Permalink | Edit

Yum to all of it!!!

3. Posted February 10, 2009 at 5:38 am | Permalink | Edit

I LOVE that kitchen. The blue does it for me too. And I love those cabinets. So dreamy.

4. Posted February 10, 2009 at 5:49 am | Permalink | Edit

All the images make me want to redo my cabinets immediately! They are so beautiful.

5. Posted February 10, 2009 at 6:50 am | Permalink | Edit

Uh oh! 1:17 a.m. You are turning into me. Eddie’s cabinet is tres beautiful, but he can never ever ever have kids to his house…ever.

6. Posted February 10, 2009 at 7:03 am | Permalink | Edit

almost makes me want a butler or to be a butler, those cabinets, that blue, that paper.

7. Posted February 10, 2009 at 8:35 am | Permalink | Edit

That first kitchen is to die for-just love love love the blue!!!
    I just wallpapered the back of an armoire also, I’ll have to post pics on my blog.
    Happy Tuesday!

8. kathysue
    Posted February 10, 2009 at 8:40 am | Permalink | Edit

Hi Seleta, I saw Eddies post and the funny thing is all last week and this weekend I was working on my food/dish/appliance pantry and I painted it a paler version of Eddie’s.It is not the beautiful work of art that his is but I am not quite sure how to make stacks of canned food and Pepsi look wonderfully artisitic.It is a much more pleasant experience opening it up and everything is fresh and clean and organized and I love the blue paint,I concotted the formula in my garage in a mixing bowl,Oh my that is a little scarey since I am not usually allowed to paint.I would be the girl who steps in the paint pan and discovers it a little too late. Great post as always,Kathysue

9. Posted February 10, 2009 at 8:43 am | Permalink | Edit

Perfect! I’ll take it all.

10. Posted February 10, 2009 at 8:44 am | Permalink | Edit

What beautiful images! That first kitchen is to die for!!!

11. Posted February 10, 2009 at 8:45 am | Permalink | Edit

I LOVE that Tiffany-box cabinet.
    AND every dish in it ;-).
    Simply beautiful.

12. Posted February 10, 2009 at 12:20 pm | Permalink | Edit

so inspiring. you just gave me an idea for my next project! =)

13. Melise
    Posted February 10, 2009 at 12:43 pm | Permalink | Edit

That Butler Pantry is a dream (and a nightmare….I have an 18 month old who believes it is her job in life to destroy everything!)

14. Posted February 10, 2009 at 1:35 pm | Permalink | Edit

Th trellis wallpaper is insane! LOVES IT!

15. Posted February 11, 2009 at 7:38 am | Permalink | Edit

Everything’s so fresh! I love all the images. I especially love that “sassy” wallpaper idea!

16. Posted February 11, 2009 at 12:21 pm | Permalink | Edit

Delicious!

17. Posted February 12, 2009 at 7:18 am | Permalink | Edit

OMG you are the best!!! when are you coming up to the country?
    xoxoxoxo