a bedroom ideal

Pardon me while I take a moment to drool over the idea of having tall bookshelves in my
bedroom. Maybe it would inspire me to read more instead of pecking
away on this silly little computer.

Bookshelves in a bedroom are so distinguished, so cozy, so classic.  So European.  And there's something very intellectual about having stacks and stacks of books in your bedroom.  Maybe I'm
secretly hoping my I.Q. would increase at least a hundred points if I had more books resting
next to me while I slept?
One can certainly dream.

I'll even take a small, built-in shelf like this little lovely.  What a pretty shade of blue.

You can see more on my bookshelf obsession in a previous post here.

[photos cottage living and elle decor]

This entry was posted in Bedroom, Design. Bookmark the permalink. Comments are closed, but you can leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

I always wanted a bedroom with a curtain – a gigantic one like the great OZ!- and behind would be bookshelves and tons of books.

2. Debra says:

I have a friend that has bookshelves in her bathroom. It is absolutely stunning. A long soak with a bounty of books to paruse. Doesn’t it sound fabulous? Imagine a fireplace in a room such as this…

3. My husband is a book finatic. He would have every wall in our house as a bookshelf if he could! I understand…

4. Fortunately our house has several rooms with built in bookcases. We have packed every one! It’s claimed that Cicero said, “a room without books is like a body without a soul”. Woo! Don’t you just love that?

5. Dianne says:

Anyone that loves bookshelves as much as you do should have them!!! We are lucky enough to have built ins throughout the house…I think they are more common in older homes with classic details.

6. MrsEAM says:

Oh I’d love to have bookshelves framing the bed like the second picture! Something to remember for future homes (no room in this one!).

7. I love the second to last image, with the framed print over the headboard. I love having books around me too.

8. The bookshelves are great but I’m absolutely swooning over the headboard in the second image.

9. These are great images. They all look so cozy and inviting. I think it would be great to have bedroom bookshelves in a summer house, since I have more time to read on vacation! the first bedroom would be great for a rainy day.

10. Seleta, my home, when I lived in downtown San Diego had built in shelves in the master. I filled them with books and favorite objects.They added so much to the ambiance.

11. Geli says:

It certainly looks inviting and very cozy, but I like books displayed
    in any room but the bedroom. Older books get a bit smelly and
    collect dust (mites) and a bedroom should be kept as dust free
    as possible. I swear I am not a germ freak like Howard Hughes,
    but allergies are a big component of our lives these days.
    Now, having said that, I do have about 10 books on my nightstand, but they’re all new and waiting to be read. When I’m finished they
    go into a different room.

12. i love that last bookshelf….

13. Jennifer says:

have always loved that top photo — the whole house, really! I think she worked for Martha? it’s in my files someplace …

14. yansy says:

I also love bookcases in a bedroom. I find that they bring warmth and interest into any space.

15. Seleta,
    Love the detail above that headboard! Tk Care!
    Zuniga Interiors

16. Jen says:

I would love bookshelves in my bedroom. I currently have a huge stack that might as well serve as a second bedside table!

17. I love all of these… Tried to pick a favorite- but I can’t.

18. These are to-die. I actually think I could use some bookshelves built into my room. I have a a few stacks of books right beside my bed that drive my husband bonkers. Oh well, he hardly ever sees them. ;)

SeletaI‘m Seleta, a city girl living the beach life with my family. A former TV personality turned designer, I love to share the sparkly side of life. Read more here.