trendy teacher gift {on a budget}

Last week was teacher appreciation week.  It's a week where students honor their teachers by bringing them a special gift or sentiment each day of school. In our case 4 kids = 4 teachers.  That's 20 items in a week.  I knew I had to be clever about this while still honoring our teachers with well deserved thanks.

One of the days I made the teachers a carry all "goody packet" with special snacks for their workday. Here are two of our packages.

THE ORANGE VERSION:

IMG_3842

Ingredients:

- one izzie soda

- one box of godiva chocolates

- one orange pack of sugar free gum

- one set of straws

- one pack of microwave popcorn [placed in the back]

- one free download invite [from here] that I turned into a label

- shredded paper for fluff

THE GREEN VERSION:

IMG_3846

This was for my second grader's teacher – we knew her favorite color was yellow so we planned accordingly.  A set of yellow cocktail napkins were a cute addition in the mix.  Hello, Marshall's.

IMG_3848

The great thing about these gifts are the color and creativity you can have with filling them.  The kids have fun helping and styling.  Also it's totally "green" because you're reusing those sassy izze crates, which have a great graphic quality about them.  Plus they're sturdy and can hold a lot.  If you're like me, putting together these little gifts are a brilliant alternative to accidentally burning a tray of cookies.

I probably could have done better with my aesthetics, but hey it was 7:00 in the morning.

……………………..

To create TWO teacher carry all goody packets, you'll need:

- 1 box of colorful straws [divided up for each package]. I used these IKEA packs – great color!

Straw

- 2 cases of izze soda.  I have a slight obsession with izze based upon their good looks and lack of high fructose corn syrup.

Izze

- 1 box of microwave popcorn

- personalized goodies [this is where you can have all kinds of fun – one of our treats that week included JCrew necklaces]

- ribbon or rafia for binding the straws

- FREE download invitation which can be translated into a large label.  Right here.  I just printed and folded my label to hang on the crate.  Easy!

Just divide up your goodies and have fun with it!

This entry was posted in Crafts. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Lori
    Posted May 18, 2010 at 5:12 am | Permalink | Edit

Great ideas as always Seleta!! Thanks.

2. susan anneheim mitchell
    Posted May 18, 2010 at 6:07 am | Permalink | Edit

Creative and well thought out thoughtful gifts!

3. lizziefitz
    Posted May 18, 2010 at 6:18 am | Permalink | Edit

So delightful ! Thanks for sharing.

4. Posted May 18, 2010 at 6:31 am | Permalink | Edit

So cute! Very creative gift

5. Posted May 18, 2010 at 6:41 am | Permalink | Edit

as a teacher I can easily say this gift would get an “A”–great job!

6. Posted May 18, 2010 at 7:20 am | Permalink | Edit

What a great gift idea! So thoughtful and creative!

7. katy
    Posted May 18, 2010 at 7:24 am | Permalink | Edit

love this idea. i have an obsession with marshalls/homegoods napkins (it ties in with my fabric obsession;)) and often give them as hostess gifts! i never thought to give them to the kid’s teachers. thanks for sharing!

8. Posted May 18, 2010 at 8:16 am | Permalink | Edit

you are brilliant – a few key ingredients and you’ve got a really cool gift! excellent!

9. Posted May 18, 2010 at 8:17 am | Permalink | Edit

very cute and creative! never would have known it was 7 am :)

10. Jenn.brewer@mac.com
    Posted May 18, 2010 at 8:40 am | Permalink | Edit

I love when you show ideas like this, as I am not very creative! I will be copying this for a fun end of school thank you gift. You are the best! Keep the great ideas coming…please:)

11. Posted May 18, 2010 at 9:06 am | Permalink | Edit

Seleta, this is an adorable gift! You are sooo creative!
    Giveaway by Beth Cosner Designs is up on my site. Do come visit and spread the word!
    Karena
    Art by Karena

12. Esther Harper
    Posted May 18, 2010 at 9:15 am | Permalink | Edit

Seleta, you rock !!! love the idea, if I only had small kids again ;) I also love Izze and I can only find it in cans at Target, I don’t like the cans :( where are you finding them in the bottles?? remember I live in CA.

13. Posted May 18, 2010 at 10:03 am | Permalink | Edit

Izze is just fantastic. I used the cans at Christmas. My kids both have about 5 teachers, so I had to get creative without spending a bundle. I tied a red ribbon around the green can (fantastic green). Then I glued a clear, small cello bag with chololates to the can. The glue spot was covered by the ribbon with its large bow. Added a cute “Happy Holidays” label, with love from us, and sent them off to school. Easy transport, easy love. But you’ve got my wheels spinning with this new one! Thanks!

14. Kate
    Posted May 18, 2010 at 10:16 am | Permalink | Edit

I <3 Izze! Cute baskets. They sell the bottles at Whole Foods & Starbucks (among other places).

15. KellyO
    Posted May 18, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Permalink | Edit

Those baskets are adorable! I do have a question – is this just one day’s gift or was this gift for the week? I cannot possibly imagine 20 gifts in one week, wow!

16. Posted May 18, 2010 at 2:12 pm | Permalink | Edit

Could this be more adorable?! I’m a huge Izze fan — and straws — i think everything sips better through a straw. Great teacher gift!!

17. Posted May 18, 2010 at 2:57 pm | Permalink | Edit

great idea! we were at rosemary for that week but needed an idea for end of the year gift. this is great!

18. Stephanie
    Posted May 18, 2010 at 3:02 pm | Permalink | Edit

what a cute idea- would love to hear about your other teacher appreciation gifts & possible end of school year gifts. i have 8 teachers/therapists to shop for so would love any ideas you have!!!!

19. Posted May 18, 2010 at 7:24 pm | Permalink | Edit

Such a great idea, I love it! I’m sure the teachers would be thrilled to receive one of these delightful packages!

20. Posted May 18, 2010 at 7:50 pm | Permalink | Edit

Donna,
    Thanks for the good grade!
    KellyO,
    This example was one of two gifts I did for the week. The other gifts were flowers and sweet notes from the children.
    Stephanie,
    I will see if I can come up with some more inspiring ideas. Truth be known, I am a spontaneous shopper. Need to work on better planning!
    xo
    Seleta

21. jbhat
    Posted May 18, 2010 at 8:15 pm | Permalink | Edit

I haven’t read all the comments, but I bet I will not be ther first person to say that I am so copying this idea. So clever. Good for you! And so nice for the teachers.
    jbhat

22. Laurie
    Posted May 18, 2010 at 8:35 pm | Permalink | Edit

Oh my gosh, you are so talented and i love all your attention to detail!!! So clever!

23. Posted May 18, 2010 at 8:38 pm | Permalink | Edit

Oh my… I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that idea!!! It’s so cute & creative. Perfect gift idea!!!! I can’t wait to do something like that for my little ones pre-school teachers. I love showering them with gifts & love! Thanks for the “fab” Idea!
    xoxo,
    Alexandra

24. Posted May 18, 2010 at 10:29 pm | Permalink | Edit

I think I’ll be using your idea for our teacher appreciation gift at the end of the year. Very unique and so fun to put together.

25. Posted May 19, 2010 at 2:46 am | Permalink | Edit

The new line is absolutely stunning! I have been so entertained by your blog, I didn’t even see the link to your things you do. Keep coming up with ideas. Thank you for sharing!

26. Posted May 19, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Permalink | Edit

wow. i wish i was a teacher to one of your kids!! such a great idea :]

27. Hana
    Posted May 19, 2010 at 7:30 pm | Permalink | Edit

i am a teacher, now realizing how much i will spoil my future children’s teachers… you are the best!

28. Posted May 19, 2010 at 10:06 pm | Permalink | Edit

Seleta, those are absolutely adorable!!!

29. Posted May 24, 2010 at 8:31 am | Permalink | Edit

Such an adorable idea! Lucky teachers ;)

30. Posted May 27, 2010 at 10:38 pm | Permalink | Edit

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU….I missed the boat on doing these for Teacher Appreciation Week but the end of the year gift is quickly approaching. I happen to know my son’s teacher’s favorite is black cherry Izzy!!!

31. Grace
    Posted May 28, 2010 at 8:57 pm | Permalink | Edit

Clever idea – I love doing it around a colour theme.

32. Posted June 20, 2010 at 6:22 pm | Permalink | Edit

love this idea!! ;)

One Trackback

1. […] on the last day of school (already?! how did this happen so soon?), I stumbled upon this idea on simple seleta and loved it! I incorporated a few things in this “carry all” that I thought the […]