Last week was teacher appreciation week. It's a week where students honor their teachers by bringing them a special gift or sentiment each day of school. In our case 4 kids = 4 teachers. That's 20 items in a week. I knew I had to be clever about this while still honoring our teachers with well deserved thanks.
One of the days I made the teachers a carry all "goody packet" with special snacks for their workday. Here are two of our packages.
THE ORANGE VERSION:
– one izzie soda
– one box of godiva chocolates
– one orange pack of sugar free gum
– one set of straws
– one pack of microwave popcorn [placed in the back]
– one free download invite [from here] that I turned into a label
– shredded paper for fluff
THE GREEN VERSION:
This was for my second grader's teacher – we knew her favorite color was yellow so we planned accordingly. A set of yellow cocktail napkins were a cute addition in the mix. Hello, Marshall's.
The great thing about these gifts are the color and creativity you can have with filling them. The kids have fun helping and styling. Also it's totally "green" because you're reusing those sassy izze crates, which have a great graphic quality about them. Plus they're sturdy and can hold a lot. If you're like me, putting together these little gifts are a brilliant alternative to accidentally burning a tray of cookies.
I probably could have done better with my aesthetics, but hey it was 7:00 in the morning.
To create TWO teacher carry all goody packets, you'll need:
– 2 cases of izze soda. I have a slight obsession with izze based upon their good looks and lack of high fructose corn syrup.
– 1 box of microwave popcorn
– personalized goodies [this is where you can have all kinds of fun – one of our treats that week included JCrew necklaces]
– ribbon or rafia for binding the straws
– FREE download invitation which can be translated into a large label. Right here. I just printed and folded my label to hang on the crate. Easy!
Just divide up your goodies and have fun with it!