lucite love

Prettypic5

I'll admit it.  I'm falling more and more in love with lucite.  Loved Jenny's post sharing some affordable lucite resources.  She always has the best design tips that are both practical and beautiful.

Also loved this little lucite glimpse from Lonny mag.

Lucite.lonny

A lucite bench at the end of my bed would have me drooling.  What are the odds that my husband will see this post and immediately go order this perfect King George bench for my upcoming birthday? Hmmmmm, not very likely. This is when I wish he could be Gay Bob for just one minute then go back to his regular self.  Anybody old enough to remember "Gay Bob" on SNL?

Dreambedroom2

If I had to pick just one alternate lucite lova', it would be a ghost chair.  So cliche, I know.  Where would I put it?  In my eight-year-old's bedroom at her antique vanity.  Would give her room more of a "big girl" look.

Ghost2

I found some reasonably priced ones here.  Obviously they're faux, but still look fairly chic.

Ghost

This entry was posted in Design. Bookmark the permalink. Comments are closed, but you can leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Hi,
    This is an interesting post as a matter of fact, I am an interior designer by my profession and via a designer look this looked so good and yes, this chair would make your girl bathroom look cool :)
    Regards
    Nicole

2. Love this post, Seleta! Yeah, a ghost chair we can afford…thanks!

As a girl, I watched Cinderalla so many times and thought about that clear glass slipper and how much fun it would be to have a pair, or a table or a recipe box or trunk….
    Now back to my sweeping.

4. JenLo says:

What a hoot–wishing your hubby could be “Gay Bob” for a minute! That is EXACTLY me – although I tell my hubby I wish he would be temporarily metrosexual till I get what I want, then he can go back! LOL Love the looks of lucite that you posted.

5. Catherine says:

I’m into lucite too! You might like this chair from Ikea http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20115038 I use them as my dining chairs and they are really comfortable. Also an affordable price for your daughter’s bedroom!

6. Jenny at LGN says:

You are so sweet, Seleta! Thanks for the kind words about my blog. That means so much coming from you!! And I love this post. Gay Bob! I can totally relate there. Sometimes Michael is just a little too straight and he doesn’t get it. :)
    I was absolutely dying, reading about the adventures of your move. Yikes!! So glad you all survived to tell the tales. I hope you’re getting all settled in the new/old place and getting out to enjoy that gorgeous beach of yours.
    xx

7. elizabeth says:

i heart lucite as well, especially the table that was in Lonny

8. Lauren says:

oh man, that studio apt from Lonny was incredible! I loved all of the pinks, greens, and blues, a perfectly colorful space to use lucite.

9. Gramercy says:

I love lucite too! I’m a big fan of the upholstered lucite bench in bedrooms. I’ve saved about 5 different images with that piece of furniture. I clearly need to incoroporate it one of these days!

10. Leah Hill says:

Oh yes I LOVE too! If I could find a cheap enough piece I would just die!!! Lol!
    Come check out my first giveaway!!!
    Luvs

11. Aw the ghost chair is adorable! nice post! xo

12. Michelle says:

Oh me too, can’t get enough, and still don’t have any lucite in the house! I gotta get one of those chairs, for a nice wooden desk with great patina.

13. Ebbe says:

ahhh lucite. a lucite chair is the perfect accesory…and it won’t be overwhelming to boys. : )

14. Lara says:

One of my faves from a glossy (can’t remember which—Living, etc maybe?) had a lucite box with a vintage Louis V. suitcase inside–it was used as a coffee table and was tres’ chic :)
    ox
    Lara

15. Cricket says:

My children always ask if our Bulldog can swim..thankfully no! Cute pics, I like her makeover. I thought this was a nice twist on lucite:

16. Leila says:

I want that lucite King George bench too!!! But I’d settle for a ghost chair. :)