a short break

Dreamlivingroom

Here is some fresh white to start your weekend.  This living room is perfection…love the crisp, unfixed look of the whole space.

I'm on an airplane headed for Boston with husband.  I left behind piles of dirty laundry and a gaggle of giddy children.  This is a much needed mini break for us. We love our Boston trips and look forward to a few quiet, romantic meals and lovely strolls in one of our very favorite cities.

Every cell in my body is already relaxing.

Be back soon.

White.myidealhome

Happy Friday!

[photos from here]

This entry was posted in Random Thoughts. Bookmark the permalink. Comments are closed, but you can leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Elizabeth says:

I totally agree – white rooms are so relaxing. Hope y’all have a delightful weekend in Boston. I went to school/worked in Boston for 5 years, so I know I’m bias, but I think it might be my most favorite American city.

2. Kay says:

I love the chairs in the bottom picture, they are a bit like Tolix chairs. I asked my husband what he thought in hopes to get some for our outdoor dining area and he nixed them. He’s a detective and they are the exact chair they use in prisons due to their weight and durability, lol. Back to the drawing board.

3. chris says:

Writing from Boston to tell you that it is HOT here! Hope you don’t mind leaving the heat to come to the heat Have a great time in our wonderful city!!! You must try Stella for dinner in The South End. Enjoy!
    Chris

4. Esther says:

And don’t forget your scarfs and your blazer ok?!?! hahaha. Have a great time. And yes loving this beach house so much. Nothing like a beach house that screams “RELAX”.

5. J. Is a bird says:

I’m so jealous, I would love a mini-break holiday right about now…good for you.
    Cheers!
    J.

I hope you and your man have some time for some Boston cream pie!
    enjoy your short break!

7. Ines says:

The perfect room for Singles with no children and pets ;-))

8. Debra says:

It’s suppose to be a beautiful weekend in Boston~ have fun dining and strolling-it’s perfect for that!

9. chelsea says:

love these pics!! have a wonderful vacation!!

10. TellaLuca says:

Enjoy!!! I’m in MA…if you want to venture to a new place outside of the city, visit Legacy Place in Dedham!! Its a delight: http://www.legacyplace.com/

11. Oh.. I like the little pink or yellow dash of colour that the flowers bring to these pics… I’m falling in love with those whites..

12. Shelly says:

I want to be drinking lemonade, browsing through a good magazine in that living room! So pretty and fresh!

13. LindsB says:

You’re coming to my city!! Have a blast this weekend!!

14. Chana says:

Another Boston recommendation: Sportello in Fort POint area or Petit Robert in either the south end or Kenmore Sq.

15. Hana says:

Good for you, enjoy! I’m planning a Boston weekend (my first!) for August, so if you don’t mind sharing where you stayed/ate/played, I would love to hear! xo

16. janet says:

Check out the Atrium Mall in Chestnut Hill. J. Crew( one of the first flag ship stores) is conveniently located right next to the biggest Anthropologie I have ever seen. How much better could it get? They also have a Pottery Barn and a Restoration Hardware there as well. You could then dine at “The Capitol Grille” which is located next door. It is high end dining at it’s finest!
    Enjoy your trip to Boston!!!!
    xoxo

17. Victoria Doty says:

You may want to spend some time in the South End. There is a great street fair there every Sunday from 10-4. Great restaurants there also. The Beehive is really cool, even just for lunch. Recently went to The Top of The Hub for lunch. Really great food and an amazing view of the city. I also recommend Clink at the Liberty Hotel for lunch. Former prison made into one of the city’s hot spots. Have fun. We will be wandering the city as well having dinner at No. 9 Park.

18. Enjoy your weekend Seleta it sounds fabulous! I love these images, they look so calm and serene.

19. Love the room, Love Boston, Love the pics!!!

20. wow, i have missed so many of your wonderful posts this week!! where have i been?? love the scarf post :), your adorable son, and the pics of jen’s house for SL….have a relaxing time in boston!!

21. Victoria Doty says:

Hope dinner on Newbury was great last night. Where did you end up eating? A couple other suggestions … Charles Street in the Beacon Hill area is quite charming. Don’t miss the Public Garden and the glass globe in the Christian Science Center is worth a quick visit (located in the lobby). I love the second hand stores on Newbury. Got an amazing(cheap) dress there from a Dutch designer. A martini at the Oak Room in the Copley Plaza is a wonderful relief from the heat mid afternoon. So classy! Have fun in my great city!

22. sloan says:

welcome! wish the weather were better for you here this weekend … but I know you’ll still enjoy every minute – can’t wait for the recap!

23. Natalie says:

Love that minty breakfast nook! :)

24. Eva says:

I wish to have a mini vacation too, hope can get it soon !! Enjoy your relaxing time, dont forget to share your Boston trip !!

25. Pru says:

I hope you are having a great time Seleta. I can’t wait to see the photos!

26. Monica says:

Looking forward to seeing and hearing all the fun you had in Boston. Love all that white you left us, so inspiring. Wanted to know if you could share some ideas with your blog friends on wall shelves; perhaps shelves with cabinets to hide those monstrosity televisions for the living room. I do want to throw that unit away but for now husband says just hide it. HA!

27. Such lovely rooms. I love the homey crispness of them, like climbing into a bed with clean white sheets. Have a wonderful holiday.