red blooded

Hello there, July.

My heart melts every time I meet up with your sizzling hot days and patriotic grandeur.

If you were a color, you would be the most brilliant of all reds.

Picture 13

Stars and stripes.

Fireworks and fireflies.

Sweet summer sunsets.

You're as classic as lipstick and lollipops.

As pretty as pearls.

And boast an elegance all your own.

Perhaps it's your quiet individuality that gets me every time.

There is no other month like you.

You've given me some of the best memories of my life.

Even brought home my first baby on one of your sweltering hot days.

I shall never tire of you.

Thanks for being my birth month.

[photos from herehere and here]

This entry was posted in About me. Bookmark the permalink. Comments are closed, but you can leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Melissa says:

The perfect birth month for you Seleta ~ so filled with vibrant beauty, our joyful July!

2. CArolyn says:

For some reason that photo of the open porch in the hills reminds me of the time you posted a photo from your wedding?

3. Megan says:

I love the knee length cropped wedding photo.. and with the shoes!! oh my.

4. Sara Jane says:

I suppose it’s no coincidence that we July babies have rubies as our birthstone.

I also love red and the way you pair it with those cool blues!
    Red in July, December and February steals my heart!

6. Kristi Stevenson says:

Love the red shoes!! Love the color. Vibrant and cool!

7. Pretty in love with the teal door… beautiful!

8. Lauren says:

I’ve always thought it was so appropriate that July’s birthstone is a ruby. The gem mimics the color this month reminds me of(and clearly you too!)

9. Jill says:

Love this post… I’m a July baby too (and HAVE a sweet lil’ July baby too… well, she’s not a baby anymore!) and it is such a deep and magical month. Red is just it’s style! Have a great holiday weekend!

10. The red glider looks just like the one on my front porch! You will have to come over and glide with me sometime!

11. sloan says:

my first born is also a July baby … love it! happy birthday month to you, and your eldest too ;-)

12. Esther says:

Beautiful….our wedding was on July 10th and I wore red shoes with my wedding dress. much like the photo from above except my dress was longer, and my flowers there was red in the bouquet. I love red alot> I think every home needs to have something red. I do not like red polish on my toes though ;)

13. Lara says:

Bill Blass said, “When in doubt, wear red.”
    I always do!

14. You had me at fireflies and fireworks — 2 of my favorite things. Happy early birthday to you and yours!!! xo Elizabeth

15. paula says:

such a pretty post. July is great. Ellie was born on the 28th. Happy birth month to you too.

16. Jennifer says:

such pretty pictures of classic red. My mom always says you should have a touch of red. I’m sold now.
    Happy weekend,

17. Lovely post yet again! I do love July, so many reason to celebrate and come together with wonderful family and friends. What more could a girl ask for?!

18. Kwana says:

Wow! This post is just gorgeous. That door takes my breath away. So when is the B-day?

19. Shelly says:

Happy bday fellow Cancer girl! My little one Ellie and I share a birthday on the 6th. July is my favorite month by far..nothing better!

20. Amanda says:

Beautiful beautiful! I’m not a fan of the heat {90 here in Germany & for some reason Germans don’t do air conditioning! AH!}, but I love the patriotism My heart is in Afghanistan, so I know, as usual, I will get teary during the fireworks & National Anthem! Thank you, July, for such an important reminder of our freedom!

21. sarah jones says:

Happy bday month! I wanted to thank u again for the fab shopping list! Due to the slightly sunny day today, we may head toward Seaside tomorrow. It is all new to me down here, I am a Ga coast gal! U are so lucky to be living in this great area!
    Thx, Sarah

22. jbhat says:

I am still shaking my head in amazement at you and your recent posts. You managed to move AND still blog, complete with posts about how to relax?? And take pictures? AND get the dog coiffed?
    Hope you’re doing okay! I’d be pulling my hair out. No, wait, I’d just be bald by now.

23. Lydia Bryant says:

I LOVE these pictures. So gorgeous, especially those wonderful sea green doors and brilliant red leaves and those fabulous red rose shoes.
    I happen to think July is a pretty great birth month too. :)
    Happy Early Birthday!

24. sunny says:

gorgeous photos with red in them. stunning!
    new to your blog but will not be a stranger to it!

25. Alva says:

that first photo almost left me speechless!!!

SeletaI‘m Seleta, a city girl living the beach life with my family. A former TV personality turned designer, I love to share the sparkly side of life. Read more here.