1 thanksgiving table 3 ways

I’m excited to present our November Tracery Interiors style session!  Paige and I decided to have some fun and style a Thanksgiving table three different ways.

Our theme was ORGANIC.  We’ll show the three different styles and give you simple steps on how to put each look together.  We’ll also share some inexpensive styling tricks by using natural elements from your own yard.  Of course all of the other pretty details can be purchased from Tracery.  ; )  Here we go…

Style #1:  AMBIENT ORGANIC

This look is perfect for a Thanksgiving dinner in the evening hours, as the glass and iron votives create an ambience of soft textures and moody lighting around all of the deep oranges and chocolate browns.  I love how Paige dotted these dried artichokes around the gourd centerpiece.  Look at all of this movement and shape.

Elements used:

– Large container with gourds and pumpkins naturally arranged.  This is easy, fast and fun and can all be found at your grocery store.

– Votives, dried artichokes and place mats all from Tracery.  Contact them here.

Throughout the post, you’ll notice we used these fabulous placemats in each of our looks. They are a MUST and well-priced at $43 for the set. I love that each placemat is a double layer of burlap, so it feels more substantial.  Contact Tracery to get your own set.  Vanity Fair just featured Tracery and these placemats in their current issue!

.   .   .   .   .

Style #2:  LAYERED ORGANIC

This table setting has more layers to it, including inexpensive burlap, sticks from your yard and some other lovelies. Here is a quick helper on how to layer up this grouping…

Elements used:

– Letters, gold birds, votives, dried artichokes and place mats all from Tracery.  Contact them here.

– For added texture, we used a hurricane glass with sticks in the bottom and just plopped a candle on top. MOM ALERT: This is a great project to do with young ones, especially busy little boys…they love going on a “stick hunt” in the yard or park and are qualified experts in snapping them in half. It’s the one table setting project they really can’t mess up!

.   .   .   .   .

Style #3:  SIMPLE ORGANIC

This is a great look for those of you who like a more mod table setting, yet still want to maintain texture and color.  We lined up two long metal baskets and fill them with pumpkins and artichokes.  Those perfectly adorable vintage plates belong to Paige.

You can knock out this centerpiece literally in seconds.  Now that’s my kind of project!

Elements used:

– Metal baskets, artichokes and placemats.  For details on all items, contact Tracery here.

.   .   .   .   .

Which style do you like best, #1, #2 or #3?

Big thanks to friends Laura and Michael Granberry for letting us shoot this post inside their stunning Seaside home.  They are such a talented couple. Laura is a graphic artist and her website [love it] is here.  Michael is a photographer and his way cool website is over here. Together they own an art gallery in the heart of Seaside, which one story below their lovely home.  It’s a must visit when you are in our town.

If you happen to love the amazing chandelier in all of the pics, it can be ordered from friend and Interior Designer, Susan Massey.  Her contact number is 850.231.3940.

This entry was posted in Entertaining, Style Sessions, Thanksgiving. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Libby Maddux says:

I love the second look, layered organic. I think the birds, burlap, artichokes and candles are a winning combination. Thanks for sharing!

2. Annie says:

Numbers 1 and 3 are my favorite… I’m definitely bookmarking this for when I host Thanksgiving one day! All of the settings are just lovely (and that chandelier is AMAZING!).

3. Vicki says:

No. 3 is my favorite but I love them all! Happy Thanksgiving!

4. Marianne says:

I love them all, but No. 1 is my favorite. The center bowl filled with gourds makes a gorgeous centerpiece. Love your style sessions!

5. Sara Jane says:

Umm… that chandelier is BONKERS! I’m not usually wild about orange but that thing is out of control!

#2 might be my favorite because haphazardly draping fabric in the center of the table is my go-to move for a large centerpiece.

6. Jenn says:

I think my favorite is number 2, but more than anything I am DYING over that chandelier. WOAH gorgeous!

7. Laura C says:

Lovely eye candy. You lost me in setting 1. Those votives are gorgeous, rustic but still simple and stylish. The killer for me was those antique chairs – distressed with subtle shades. What a beautiful home.

8. I like #1 and #3!

9. Geli says:

Oh, the chandelier is to die for – I love it! I wish I had the decor for it – maybe in my next house….. All table settings look good, my favorite is # 2 though – it looks so effortless
    yet inviting for a laid back Thanksgiving.

no.3 and I would add candles or dim the lights!

11. kayce hughes says:

number 3 but I am in love with the twigs and candles in number 2.
    ps great giveaways at my blog every day this week.

12. Lauren Liess says:

ummmm chandelier whaaaaaaat?!!! can’t breathe. so awesome.

ok.. and I love them all but style #1 is my fave

xoxoxo

13. Love the first one. Great job – how fun to see three ways!

14. Simply Seleta Fan says:

I love them all, but I like #2 the best. I was trying to find your post from last year about making the turkey. I’m going to attempt to make one this year! Happy Thanksgiving!

15. Tim Gunn says:

Love all 3.

16. Sherry Hart says:

My vote is number two. But seriously…they are all worthy!

17. Seleta says:

Thanks for all your votes! I love seeing which you like best. I would probably vote for the clean lines of #3, although I really do love them all.

Commenter “simply seleta fan” was looking for my Thanksgiving post from last year. Here it is:

xo
    Seleta

18. amazing post (and table! and chandy!) Seleta. Have a happy Thanksgiving!

19. paula says:

they are all so gorgeous, but I can’t get over the chandy.

20. Remi says:

#3 is my favorite.

21. la Happy says:

I love number 3 but what I REALLY LOVE is the orange chandelier! Oh my goodness, it’s so beautiful! I have never have seen anything like that before! Gorgeous!

22. […] Seleta teamed up with Tracery Interiors to create several settings: […]

23. jbhat says:

I am dying over that chandelier too. What a thing.

jbhat

24. RLG says:

Good grief, what a gorgeous chandelier! I kept thinking, “Why has Seleta been keeping this from us?” LOL
    Love the third look — simple organic.
    Lovely post. cheers, darling. xoxo

25. Cori Busch says:

Love all three, but I think he first is my fave….I really love the chandelier too!

26. i can’t even concentrate on the tabletops, i’m so enamored with your chandelier!! but i think i might be a #3-er. happy thanksgiving!! these are are fabulous options!

2 Trackbacks