wednesday white

It’s a rainy day here at the beach.  Let’s enjoy some white.  Some of today’s rooms have a tasteful balance of classicism mixed with a dash of mod.  Love it.

Look at the remarkable difference between the look of an all white room with painted white floors [above] and an all white room with dark stained floors [below].  Which do you prefer?

Love the  galvanized pendants in this creamy space.  Just realized I picked another kitchen with a dutch door.  Subconscious?

I haven’t forgotten about showing you our family room.  Exactly five minutes before I started taking pics yesterday, dark mucky clouds invaded our skies and our family room suddenly looked like a dreary cave.  Not pretty.  I’m going to try shooting again when our sun comes back hopefully Sunday or Monday.  Thanks for your patience.  : )

I’ll be traveling for a few days and signing off a little early for the week.  See you on Monday!

[photos from here and here]

This entry was posted in White Spaces. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Beth says:

ah, love it all! Rainy in Atlanta too. I love the dark stained floors. I’m also loving the retro chair with the white shell in the corner of the first picture. . . barely visible, but ever so delightful.

2. Sarah Lynne says:

That kitchen is amazing! Thanks for sharing!

3. ashley says:

i love a dark stained floor to give the room a rooted feeling. all beautiful images!

4. You always pick the best kitchens….love the french country feel of the last pic, with the dried flowers, glass bottles and white block wood.

5. These spaces are about my favorite ever. I must say I prefer the dark floor–surprising. Enjoy the weekend :)

6. Allison says:

Beautiful images! I love the contrast with the dark floors and the white rooms. Have safe travels and a lovely weekend, Seleta.

7. Geli says:

Gorgeous pictures!!! I am dying to have a white painted wood floor and with our next remodeling I’ll do it …and probably regret it afterwards. Keeping a white floor clean is virtually impossible but it looks so nice, eh?

8. Hi Seleta, I have been reading your blog for about two years now but I don’t think I ever commented. I was a silent reader enjoying your posts. I just wanted to say that I love these images – that kitchen is absolutely gorgeous – so clean and airy, and the light fixtures are a dream. Also, enjoyed your Halloween review post and it really seems like you had so much fun. Your photos are unbelievable.

Rali

wow, love wednesday whites….personally, i love the dark floors, but maybe one room with white floors would be ok…..well more than ok!
    Happy whites to you~

10. Esther Dee says:

Nice images, I am not for white painted wood floors, Mister Contractor would never go for it….lol ~~ I think I like the dark floor with the white walls image.
    Sorry about your rainy today, our beach weather today sunny and very warm, it feels like a summer day :) come to California ;)

11. Lydia says:

I love the dark stained floors, just reaffirms that that’s what I want in our next house. :)

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

12. Melissa says:

stained floors are my fave!

13. I sure do love all the white you are showing me ever Wednesday – sometimes I forget how beautiful a simple white room can be!

14. Nuha says:

i think wednesday white is my favorite day!

15. Sara Jane says:

It’s nasty raining here in GA too so these clean white rooms are the perfect cure! I’ll just be sure to keep my muddy feet off the furniture. :)

16. Pierre says:

The White Floor would be a nice clean change….although the dark wood is most classic – more vintage. Is there room for both in the same house? Need to hire you for a design project soon. Can you make some selections by email until your next trip to New York ?

17. Aunt Kathi says:

Love your ‘whites’. I’m not sure I’ve told you or not, but our house is a 70’s California contemporary, with all cream walls and woodwork; black granite counters; and dark wood herringbone kitchen, dining and common areas and Italian cream/grey/taupe marbled tile in living areas. The only other colors come from the artwork.

I’m considering changing the kitchen island top to ‘chop block’, but am concerned about the ‘germ factor’. Any thoughts???

18. claire says:

i love your blog! wish you would fly to dallas and help me with my apartment- haha!

19. Monica says:

I can picture our whole family in that kitchen for the holidays. It would be great preparing delicious meals there, not to mention smelling all those wonderful Thanksgiving aromas.

20. LOVE white… love it. But do love some contrast…such as the darker floors.

21. […] 2.  I adore everything in this space. […]

22. Kerry says:

Hi Seleta,

Hope all is well! Just wanted to say that we have a dutch door in the Kit/mudroom area and I really love it! With 5 little ones and 2 dogs, it comes in so handy – I really can’t imagine living without it.

Best,
    Kerry

23. La Happy says:

I love the black and white simplicity in the first image. Beautiful images, as always!

24. I am a convert to white. Tell no one….

One Trackback