big news!!!

You may have noticed I haven’t been blogging as much as normal lately.  Well…I think I may have a GREAT excuse…

SOUTHERN LIVING magazine is here this week shooting our home!!!

The team is unbelievable.  I have the great fortune of working again with Southern Living’s talented Home Editor, Jennifer Kopf (see some of Jen’s great design videos here), totally fab Stylist Elizabeth Demos (who’s praises I’ve sung in this post) and brilliant photographer Helen Norman.  Helen just shot Lauren’s home and did an amazing job!

Here are a few scenes of my home while we’re in the thick of it…Liz decorating the tree with her super cool assistant photostylist, Amy Burke.

Jen working away.  She likes the banquette : )

Helen shooting the dining room.

Some of Liz’s pretties.

Liz brought so many killer props and flowers…our garage looks like a winter wonderland workshop.

Celia came over too to help rescue me with my wardrobe.  She’s an amazing wardrobe stylist.

I’ll answer a few random questions you may have.

WHEN WILL YOUR HOME BE PUBLISHED?

December of 2011.  The Christmas issue!

WHEN DID YOU FIND OUT THEY WERE SHOOTING YOUR HOME?

Only a few short weeks ago (the first day we arrived in Disney) and it’s been a whirlwind ever since.

DID YOU FEEL CRAZED AND NERVOUS ABOUT GETTING YOUR HOME READY?

Duh.  I have four kids, a cat, a dog, a messy house and also about 17 unfinished design projects to complete before Southern Living arrived.

WHAT DO THE KIDS THINK?

They are so excited.  Our youngest wants to wear his Superman costume for the pictures…I’ll have to let him down gently.

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO WEAR?

Total panic when I thought about that one.  I looked through my entire closet and suddenly hated all of my clothes.  Can anyone relate?!? But Celia of Willow figured everything out.  Thank you, Celia!!

HOW DID YOU PREPARE YOUR HOME?

I knew exactly who to go to when it was time to increase the pretty.  Tracery, Bohlert Massey and Cooper Grey.  They are all local design business owners who are good friends.  That’s a huge thanks to Paige + Bess of Tracery, Ceri of Cooper Grey and Susan of Bohlert Massey.  These women are not only friends, but were literally down in the trenches with me.  We had many long hours of hanging pictures, hauling tons of accessories and styling (Paige); toting pillows and furniture back and forth at ungodly hours (Ceri); pep talks (Susan!!) and crazy painting (Bess – I know you’ll never want to see stripes again!) My peeps where there with me the whole way through.   Thank you, girls!!!

BIG THANKS…

My husband has been the ultimate supporter, kept me sane, cooked for our family almost every night for the last month, drove kids to school, and moved furniture.  He’s a saint.  I love you, husband!!!  And of course none of  this would have happened without dear friend Eddie Ross actually making the introduction to Lindsay Bierman, Southern Living Editor in chief, who said YES to our home when I submitted pictures.   Thank you, Eddie, for being such an incredible friend.  And thanks Lindsay for saying yes!

I need to get back to the shoot…more updates to come!

Meanwhile if you need some holiday decorating inspiration, check out the Southern Living articles I lined up for you  right here.

This entry was posted in About me, Our Family. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Lindsey A. says:

Congrats! Such exciting news! Are they shooting your rental house or your beach house you used to live in? It looks gorgeous either way, just curious because I don’t know how you’d make a rental look so personal. Every rental I’ve ever had has been completely not my style. Can’t wait to see the article!

2. Carley M. says:

So, so excited for you! I love your blog (it’s on my little blog roll) and I hope I can find the magazine in Virginia when it comes out next year!

3. Beth says:

Ahh, congrats Seleta!! This is the most exciting news I’ve heard all week, and it has nothing to do with me! :) You truly are a rock star. Can’t wait to see your home!

4. Kelly says:

OMG! I’m so happy for you! I’ve always loved your style, so it’s no wonder that a magazine would too. Southern Living is such a classy magazine and perfect for your home to be featured in! Now, you’re going to make us wait an entire year before we can see it?! I don’t know how we’ll do it. You must show us some of your own pics (pretty please) just to satisfy our curiosity. I know that Southern Living won’t let you show their pics yet. Now that explains why you haven’t shared your Christmas decor on your blog yet. Ha! You just got a wonderful Christmas present for 2010.

5. Bess says:

I can not wait to see the finished product! Good Luck!

6. Sara Jane says:

How exciting!! I can’t wait to see it!

I’ve been dying for Eddie & Jaithan to post pictures of their new home too.

7. Andrea says:

Congratulations!! I would have trouble waiting to see the finished product! So exciting for you and your family as well…hopefully you get to use the Christmas tree and maybe some props for your own holidays..the timing is perfect! Have fun.

8. OH how exciting!!!!!!!! Congrats! Can’t wait to see it! A year is too long! :)

Jennifer

9. Cecile says:

Sooo exciting!! I can’t wait to see it in Southern Living. I can’t believe we’ll have to wait a whole year to see it. Congratulations and Merry Christmas!

10. How exciting!!!! I seriously cannot believe the article won’t be out for another year! We will all be waiting patiently!!!

11. Jay says:

Wow! This is very impressive. I have been wondering where you have been. Aha! The secret is out. Congrats!

12. Tiffany says:

How exciting for you & us! Look forward to next year’s Christmas issue. xo

13. Stitchfork says:

woot! woot! woo! Go Seleta!
    Hope you show a few more pics because waiting till 2011 issue is sooo far away!
    Congrats!! xo Cathy

14. Marianne says:

Seleta, I am absolutely thrilled for you! It couldn’t happen to a more sincere and deserving blogger. Your style is impecable and I’m sure the finished product will knock our socks off!!! Can’t wait to check out the issue, even if it’s a year away!

15. Mom22 says:

You must be over the moon!!! How fun to have your home immortalized in print. Can’t wait to see the final result. Many congratulations!

16. Amy says:

I am excited for you! Good luck and have fun!

17. Simply Seleta Fan says:

I’m so excited for you! I’ve drooled over the pages of Southern Living since I was a little girl and I can’t think of a magazine that would be more of an honor to be featured in. Congratulations!!!

18. Stacey Besse says:

That is so awesome! You and your house deserve it! I miss being there and playing with your kiddos. Can’t wait to see it!

19. Judy says:

I am so excited for you. I love your blog and have your blog on my blog roll. I can’t wait to check it out when it comes out. Congratulations.

20. Jennie says:

It will be so hard to wait for an entire year – congrats to you! On a side note, I am coveting Celia’s outfit. Please share details on how to purchase the clothes and the shoes. I am sure that she will have you looking fabulous for the photo shoot.

21. Geli says:

wow, how exciting and stressful at the same time. It would freak me out completely
    but you’re the born designer and I am sure it will be the most beautiful spread-out in their
    magazine. Only bummer is – we have to wait until December 2011!!! I hope you’ll give us
    at least a few more pictures until then……..pretty please!

22. Nicole says:

How exciting!! I am so happy and excited for you! What a fun early Christmas gift for you guys! Can’t wait for the issue!

23. Bryn says:

THIS IS AWESOME! Congrats, I am so excited for you guys! So so fun :)

24. Julie Miltimore says:

Congratulations Seleta! How exciting for you! Too bad we have to wait a whole year to see this. Enjoy the process and have fun!

25. Julie says:

You must be THRILLED! I cannot wait to see it – pity it’ll have to be a year.

26. And well deserved………..anyone who has that sylish banqette has pure style. Gorgeous and always wanted one of those (odd that I don’t actually). Sounds like the shoot has been frantic but fun and shall look forward to seeing the issue. Congratulations! XO

27. Lizziefitz says:

Whoopie!!!! I am so excited for you! It is hard to believe that we have to wait a whole year. I didn’t realize that you moved from your rental? You are one busy lady. Merry Christmas:)

28. simplygrove says:

COngrats lady!!!!! So excited for you!!!!!!!

29. sloan says:

hey there, seleta – i’ve still been stopping by and faithfully reading, i’m just moving a bit more quickly these days so i’ve not been commenting … but this surely deserves a huge shout-out – CONGRATS!!! You’re so deserving, seleta, i’m really thrilled for you ;-)

30. YAY! Seleta, that is amazing! Congratulations!! Now I don’t know how we are all going to wait …

31. Allison says:

Congratulations, Seleta! I’m very happy for you and you are most deserving of this exciting event. I look forward to seeing it in print. How fun!

32. Tessa says:

goody, goody, gumdrop!! congrats! can not wait to see the issue!!! SL is one of my favorites and I’m sure your home will be too!!

33. Lindsay Bierman says:

Hi Seleta, the house is so GORGEOUS and I can’t wait for everyone to see it. Glad to hear y’all are having a great shoot! Merry Christmas to you and your followers from all of us at SL and thanks for allowing us to shoot your home, I need a trip down to the beach!!

34. Seleta, so very excited for you… so neat! You deserve such an honor since you put such heart and soul into your home.

Can’t wait to see the spread. All my best, Montye

35. Allison says:

Congratulations Seleta! My favorite magazine so look forward to the Dec 2011 issue!

36. Such exciting and wonderful news. I found your blog through Eddie Ross’ one – his style is amazing. How lovely of him to introduce you to the SL editor. Can’t wait to see the finished photos.

37. Wow that is so exciting Seleta – amazing how far ahead they shoot isn’t it. Have an exciting time. Leanne x

38. Marlene says:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! Those are great news, you deserve it, Seleta.
    I just wish we didn’t have to wait so long to see the results.

39. Tobi Fairley says:

Congratulations Seleta!!

I have something coming out in 2011 in Southern Living too. I agree Jennifer Kopf is great!!! Everything looks gorgeous in your shoot, can’t wait to see it in glossy magazine pages. So happy for you and Merry Christmas! xo, Tobi

40. Congratulations Seleta! What a crazy December you must be having. I can’t wait to see the photos. You and your family will look wonderful. One question: will you send me a copy in December – I have no way of getting the magazine in London?

41. Lauren Liess says:

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeek so excited for you!!!!! Looks like such a blast and LOOOOOOVE Helen!! huge hug & your place looks gorgeous even in the propping stage!!
    xoxoxo,
    lauren

42. Traci says:

I can’t even IMAGINE!! You are blessed. Thankfully I am a longtime SL subscriber, can’t wait to see your issue!

43. Annie says:

oh, yay! this is such exciting news. i know everything will just be beautiful. what a fun opportunity!

44. Laurenfaythe says:

How exciting! Congrats- I can’t wait for that issue to come out!

45. julie says:

congrats seleta!! so exciting!! cannot wait to see the magazine!

46. Abbie says:

Congratulations! How exciting!!

47. jbhat says:

Neato! But I am flabbergasted at how empty/clean your garage is. Where do you stuff all of your crappe? Or does it usually contain–gasp!–cars??

jbhat

48. Style & Grace says:

Hi Seleta!! That is amazing news! Congrats! My mom’s home was in Country Living and I remember how exciting the shoot was……..I am also curious, did they shoot your rental or the house you own?!! I can’t wait to see it!!

49. susan anneheim says:

With your exquisite taste and style its no wonder! Congratulations!!! How exciting!!

50. hana says:

eek! congratulations! can’t wait to see. i have no doubt that it will be beautiful. xo

51. Carey says:

No fair! We have to wait an entire YEAR to see? Congratulations! Can’t wait to see the beauty you have in store for us. Couldn’t have happened to a better person!
    -Carey

52. Congratulations! I can’t wait to get my copy next year.

53. Kim says:

Hi Seleta, I am new to your blog and am enjoying it so much. I was wondering if you might be able to tell me where you found your rug that is in the first photo listed in this entry. I am looking every day for rugs for our new home that we moved into last month! It is a far more daunting task than I imagined. Thanks so much if you are willing to help. :)

Blessings,
    Kim

54. janet says:

Super excited for you!
    xoxo

nothing like a shoot to get the house and the wardrobe in order.
    tell your son, you need to wear the superwoman cape….

56. Pierre says:

Awesome. No doubt you will on camera again soon. It’s time for you to open an office in New York and style a City.

57. janet says:

P.S. I am so……jealous of your super clean garage! My dream is to be able to fit my car in my garage someday!
    P.S.S. I agree with Pierre ( who BTW I am assuming is Mr. Adorable, unbelievably supportive , Husband). You have a heart of Gold and it shines through in everything you do, say and touch.
    Wishing you and your family a very Happy Holiday!
    xoxo

58. So excited for you, girlfriend–and so well-deserved. Merry Christmas…Julie

59. I had great fun helping a little and your house looks great! Very much deserved!

Xo,
    Paige

60. elizabeth says:

i can’t wait to get the issue next year. you have great taste and a beautiful home. is this the home you own or the one you all are currently in? awesome!

61. Sherry Hart says:

Congrats Seleta! It will be hard to wait a whole year….:)

62. kayce hughes says:

yea!!!!!!!!!! so exciting. I hate that we all have to wait a whole year. perhaps I will find some patience under the tree this year.

63. Amanda M. says:

Ooooh! I can’t wait; I know it will be GORGEOUS!

64. LLH Designs says:

Congrats on surviving! I can’t imagine waiting a whole year after so much effort! I hope you get to see the spread extra early! Im sure you and your home look fabulous!

Merry Christmas!
    Linsey

65. Jenny at LGN says:

Seleta, somehow I missed this AMAZING NEWS! Congratulations!!! You must be thrilled (and exhausted)! I’ll be first in line to pick up the 12/11 issue!

xoxoxo Merry Christmas!
    j

66. paula says:

yeah! I am so excited for you. Can’t wait to see it in print.

67. Congrats! I cannot wait until next December to see this!

68. I just found your blog and LOVE LOVE LOVE! Congratulations on such exciting news, can’t wait to get my issue next December!
    xoxox
    Julia

69. Katharina says:

Just read it! Very glad for you! Is this issue available on their website (Southern Living)? I tried to find it but couldn’t(( What is the name of the article?