elegant christmas

Thank you for all of your kind words about our Southern Living shoot!  I cannot wait for you to see all of the inspiring pictures and design ideas.  I’m not allowed to reveal any of the pictures or designs from the shoot before the article comes out, which I’m sure you understand. Next year does seem far away, but they did such an amazing job that I’m sure it will be worth the wait!

Thankfully, I do have some Christmas inspiration to show you from friend and Interior Designer, Doug, of Tracery.  He was kind enough to share these great pictures of his chic cottage in Birmingham. His style is obviously the poster child for simple elegance, starting with this lovely scene…

Doug’s words: “It’s not really cold enough in Alabama for scarves, so I let my vintage chair wear one instead…”

I love that!

And here’s what it feels like to walk through his front door this Christmas season…

I love the idea of doing a tabletop tree, especially if you have a smaller space.  I happen to have this exact chair, but in a different fabric, and completely adore it.  It’s actually a very comfy chair.  The lovely white and silver pillow is Ankasa, from Tracery.  Love all of the extra white lights and glittery trimmings on the tree.

Doug’s words: “I think it’s perfectly okay to bring out some bling at Christmastime!”

Couldn’t agree more on that one, Doug.  And this charcoal hand stenciled Tracery pillow had me at hello.

I also love the way Doug is casually displaying his Christmas cards as they arrive in the mail.  No fuss, just gracefully dotted cards around the mirror.  Hmmm, those books inside his case sure look deliciously vintage, don’t they?

Seeing his home reminds me to really edit, edit. edit.  I think that’s going to be one of my New Year’s design resolutions.

Big thanks to Doug for sharing his home with us, as he never disappoints.  Lucky for you, today will be a double dose of Tracery, as it’s time for our next Style Session.  Oh and it’s a good one and has a fabulous giveaway…so check back  a little bit later this afternoon.

I’m still recovering from a very intense week plus trying to play major catch up with Christmas shopping, etc. so thanks for your patience with my posts! : )

This entry was posted in Christmas. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Love Doug’s place… and yes, I need to learn to edit!

2. CC says:

Such a lovely home. And, CONGRATS to you and your family on the Souther Living photo shoot. HOW EXCITING!!!!!

3. Lizziefitz says:

So chic ! Thanks for sharing !

4. RLG says:

More pictures, pleeease!
    Really gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

5. Darlene says:

beautiful and elegant indeed.

6. beth says:

Gorgeous pictures! Congratulations on the Southern Living shoot. I love that magazine and have had a subscription since I was 20. Is it your old beach home or your rental home being featured?

7. LindsB says:

I cant WAIT for next Christmas now- this is going to be the best photo shoot ever!

8. Have a very Merry Christmas!!! How exciting about the Southern Living shoot. So exciting to have that to look forward to next year. Looks like 2011 is going to be a good year for all!!!
    xoxo Elizabeth

9. Congratulations on the SL shoot – that is SO exciting! I love Doug’s Christmas decorating. I actually do the same thing with my Christmas cards – stick them in my mirror in the entry. It makes me happy to see them when I first walk in!

10. paula says:

so happy you shared this Seleta. Doug your home looks amazing. Love the pillows in charcoal!

11. janet says:

I Love when you share other people homes! I especially love Doug’s home. Simple, elegant and masculine, all wrapped into one. He is truly a genius in my eyes!

12. la happy says:

I love love love the fabric on the chair in the top image! Beautiful!!

13. […] 2010, the blog Simply Seleta featured my home. The image of the wool scarf wrapped around my vintage arm chair is still one of my favorites! […]

14. MiMi says:

I just followed over to this today from Dougs blog….I have a table top tree this year because I have 17 and 18 month old grandsons for 10 days( yea!!!)….I want to be able to relax and not say no to the tree. Merry Christmas!

One Trackback