wednesday white

I’ve been riding a good bit this week, so this post will reflect where my thoughts are.  Better yet, why don’t I just make this a dream day white post?  Yes, here is my dream day inspired by a palette of whites.

We’ll start our day by enjoying a delicious warm breakfast in the kitchen.  That would include poached eggs, La Loba’s homemade thick-sliced whole grain bread for toast and my favorite recipe for oatmeal.

Then I’ll walk the kids to our barn (this is a dream remember?) and help them give their pony a spa day with grooming and plenty of love and carrots.  I’ll ride a little bit while they play in the field.

Maybe husband will join me in riding…we’ll finish with a smooch.  I can already hear the kids saying “Ewwwww, gross Mom!”

Next we’ll clean up our tack and put our boots and hats away in our cute garage.

Then retire to the family room for some reading, followed by a movie next to our roaring fire.

Maybe I’ll switch into a casual dress with some comfy boots.

And drum up some kind of fancy coffee drink for our cozy movie.  Kids will get cream soda floats and popcorn.  We’ll end our day with a big pot of lamb stew and watch the sunset over our rolling green hills.

So there you have it.  My white-inspired dream day.

What is your dream day?  Do share.

[photo sources 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5]

This entry was posted in White Spaces. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. This post is so funny! I was especially giggling at the “Parental smooch” LOL!

My dream day would involve lots of shopping and sushi…and fashion magazines and home decor shows on TV…luckily I’m easy to please – and can have dream days quite often!

2. cat moore says:

Ha! I loved this! Esp the kiss photo. So cute! :)

3. lizziefitz says:

Sign me up Seleta!

4. Heather says:

Sounds good to me!

5. I’d like to come into that foyer from a long walk, then make a hot cup of tea in that gorgeous kitchen, then sit in the living room with my Kindle, fashion and design magazines, and my cat and just enjoy the rest of the day. Dreamy… Cute post!

6. Mindy says:

This sounds perfect! Oh, thanks for making me smile. I loved it!

7. Candace says:

Just a note to say I’ve cut almost all of my blog reading these days, but I always keep up with yours! I just love it! Today, I am in Memphis and it is snowing like crazy and it’s fun to read about your dream day!

8. Jenn says:

oh that adorable garage will certainly be included in my dream house, its sooo swoon worthy!

9. lizziefitz says:

by the way, here is a link to my new public blog!

10. Marianne says:

I have to say that your dream seems pretty perfect. Sounds magical!

11. Lauren says:

Where is that cute shirtdress from? I must have it!

12. susan anneheim says:

I use your oatmeal recipe all the time! Clean eating for sure and so delicious. Love the dream , sounds wonderful.

13. Nicole says:

I love the photos you post, they are so inspiring! I can’t wait to have a home of my own to decorate!

14. Jennifer says:

Love your day….my day today was not my dream day. I have been searching for light fixtures and have not had any luck. Any online sources you like?

15. Vikki says:

Love, love the first picture of the door. Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

my dream day was waking up to a warm home, creating a healthy b’fast, sending my kids to school, playing tennis, a load of laundry, knitting and lunch at a friends, a bit of work, helping my daughter study her religion, driving 40 miles to see my sons race downhill, come in 2nd and 4th…and then home to fix dinner and read….I feel loved and blessed to have energy to celebrate and give thanks for my family, my home, my dog and a good day.

17. Andrea says:

My daydream involves leaving my house after being held prisoner here for 10 days with sick kids. Everyone is going to school tomorrow, so my dream may come true. Love the images!

18. LLH Designs says:

I love that you’re riding…and love that you’re dreaming! I posted a “real life” kind of day on my blog today, but I have to say, even my real life is almost as good as a dream.

Blessings to you as you dream and ride and live life to the full!
    Linsey

19. Greet says:

Oh I loved reading about your dream day!! It made me dream… and I would have
    exactly the same dream day as you!! The only thing is , I didn’t have a barn nor horses… But maybe one day…. I’ll dream about that today!
    Thank you for your wonderful post and oh soooo beautiful images!
    xx
    Greet

20. Sally says:

Beautiful!

21. Oh, I was dreaming this morning about a beach trip just with Chris. We need time away sans kids. So, my dream is 4 days away, sleeping in, the ocean, and my honey :)

22. Carole says:

How sweet! We all daydream and it’s so touching to see you put your dream to paper and share it with everyone. It inspires me to take a break from reality today and create my own dream. Not sure what it will be yet….. xoxo

23. It’s pouring with rain here Seleta so first I would like it to stop and then I would like the clock to fast foward to 5.30pm so that I could leave and go shopping. Maybe a nice dinner and then an early night. In the morning I would wake up looking and feeing beautiful – a girl can dream!

Great post.

24. denise says:

hi seleta,
    happy to hear that the riding is going well. i had to smile when i saw the photo of the grey horse. having owned 2 greys(technically white is not a colour for a horse unless it is albino), the amount of work keeping them clean is astronomical. in spite of that, i do love a grey horse. as always , i enjoy your posts. especially the equine related.

25. Seleta- I’d take my dream day just as the breakfast in THAT kitchen.

{Loved the precious photo of your daughter Eddie swiped for his enchanting frames. The ribbons looked so perfect picking up the lines of the clapboard in the photo. And most beautiful was Sterling Grace’s sunny smile!}

Loretta

26. Andrea says:

My dream day ends with all the kids tucked in their beds. Doesn’t matter what happens during the day as long as they’re safe and sound. Two kids in college starting their own journey and only the youngest home…L.O.V.E. when we’re all together and under the same roof (sigh)

27. Aunt Kathi says:

My dream day would be spent gallery hopping in the metro followed by a great lunch with friends at Bellini’s; followed by a short nap before a soothing massage, pedicure and facial; finish just in time for a nice dinner with my husband at our favorite restaurant. Relax in front of a nice fire & classical music before bed.

28. now that sounds delightful!!!

29. Tricia says:

Love love that day!!!! Perfectly wonderful!!
    My day dream would be…
    head to the barn ( which is a painting studio by day)
    barn dancing by night!

30. Mara says:

they all sound good. I’d take any of those! A nap for sure, massage, trainer session in the a.m. and laughter all day long!

31. Cassie says:

Have we met before?! This is perfection. xx