high + low

Totally dying over the chic look of this home studio.

They designed a “high” and “low”priced version.  If you can believe it, there is a $10,000 price difference in the rooms. Which do you think is the high?  Answer right here.

Which one do you like best?  The first or second?

[photography by Andrew Grinton]

This entry was posted in Design, Office. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. LLH Designs says:

Of course my eye would be drawn to the high! It’s easy to tell which is the high when they are side by side, but take the high away and the “low” looks fabulous. I just like the more authentic finishes of the high.

Fun post!
    Xo,
    Linsey

2. Kristi says:

I like the first one better. I carefully reviewed each one over and over. Discovering the differences was quite entertaining. I love the color in the rug on the first one and I prefer the shelving unit and the placing of the accessories.

3. It’ the light that got me, so I pick high…a different light in the low and I might have said that! xo

4. Serena says:

For me, it was definitely the pendant light and the rug that gave it away. Other than those differences, I love both rooms equally.

5. I SHOCKED that I actually picked the low priced room. I always like the most expensive stuff! The just looked brighter and I liked the accessories better.

6. REALLY hard to tell a difference, but I do like the chair and desk in the first picture. Looks truly old and more like they have a history!

7. sarah says:

of course i like the first one best….very inspiring.

8. Caroline says:

I’m really stumped. I’m going to guess the second one, only because every one else is saying the first.

9. You have been featuring the most gorgeous interiors lately, and these are no exception! For me, the easel gave it away.

10. carolyn says:

I have those pendant lights in our apt from Ikea, so I knew the second was the low, but still a fab room!

11. Leanne says:

I agree the light and the chair made me think the first one was the more expensive one too. Great to see what you can do for a whole lot less though!!!

12. Marianne says:

The fixtures are what sold me on the high version. I’m a little obsessed with fixtures, so that’s what gave it away for me. I will say, the other option does give it a run for it’s money and for so much less! This was fun, Seleta!

13. J says:

I’d say the first–the devil is in the details. And, after close inspection, I’d have to say I prefer the first as well. The more open bookshelf would be the first reason I find it more inviting. The bookshelf pulls too much weight in the second example. I also preferred the lamps/lighting in the first example; nicer shapes, I’d say. Last–and least important–was the difference in the rugs. That gray is such a gorgeous, understated accent.

14. What an amazing imitation. I was so wrong on that one, but I would be perfectly satisfied with either.

15. CArolyn says:

THe first one is the more expensive one, BUT I would rather spend the $10,000 difference on something else and live with #2!

16. CArolyn says:

I am a painter and the easel was my first clue.

17. Ann says:

Although I really like them both, I pick the first picture!

18. Lauren says:

I like the 2nd one! I used that same pendant in my recent kitchen/breakfast area renovation. Love your blog, by the way!

19. Lori May says:

Love them both!

20. mareike says:

Mhm, the IKEA pendant may be in every second (german) household.
    A room for over $ 10,000 ? My husband would kill me! ;)
    Greetings from Hamburg

21. […] pop over to see what’s new and inspiring.  There’s always something!  Seleta blogged about this space earlier this week, and it’s one of many in a favorite series over at SOH called ‘High/Low’ […]

22. Anna says:

Oh dear, now I have another obsession to look at! I WISH I could make money just looking at pretty and inspiring stuff online =) Thanks for sharing – that High/Low thing is going to get me inspired =)

23. Oona says:

I think the rug gives it away, really. But I actually prefer the heftier bookcase in the “low” version. I wish I had $1,000 to spend on a cowhide… *sad face*

One Trackback