high + low

Totally dying over the chic look of this home studio.

They designed a “high” and “low”priced version.  If you can believe it, there is a $10,000 price difference in the rooms. Which do you think is the high?  Answer right here.

Which one do you like best?  The first or second?

[photography by Andrew Grinton]

This entry was posted in Design, Office. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted March 8, 2011 at 8:28 am | Permalink | Edit

Of course my eye would be drawn to the high! It’s easy to tell which is the high when they are side by side, but take the high away and the “low” looks fabulous. I just like the more authentic finishes of the high.

Fun post!
    Xo,
    Linsey

2. Kristi
    Posted March 8, 2011 at 9:23 am | Permalink | Edit

I like the first one better. I carefully reviewed each one over and over. Discovering the differences was quite entertaining. I love the color in the rug on the first one and I prefer the shelving unit and the placing of the accessories.

3. Posted March 8, 2011 at 9:23 am | Permalink | Edit

It’ the light that got me, so I pick high…a different light in the low and I might have said that! xo

4. Serena
    Posted March 8, 2011 at 9:35 am | Permalink | Edit

For me, it was definitely the pendant light and the rug that gave it away. Other than those differences, I love both rooms equally.

5. Posted March 8, 2011 at 10:11 am | Permalink | Edit

I SHOCKED that I actually picked the low priced room. I always like the most expensive stuff! The just looked brighter and I liked the accessories better.

6. Posted March 8, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Permalink | Edit

REALLY hard to tell a difference, but I do like the chair and desk in the first picture. Looks truly old and more like they have a history!

7. Posted March 8, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Permalink | Edit

of course i like the first one best….very inspiring.

8. Posted March 8, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Permalink | Edit

I’m really stumped. I’m going to guess the second one, only because every one else is saying the first.

9. Posted March 8, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Permalink | Edit

You have been featuring the most gorgeous interiors lately, and these are no exception! For me, the easel gave it away.

10. Posted March 8, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Permalink | Edit

I have those pendant lights in our apt from Ikea, so I knew the second was the low, but still a fab room!

11. Leanne
    Posted March 8, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Permalink | Edit

I agree the light and the chair made me think the first one was the more expensive one too. Great to see what you can do for a whole lot less though!!!

12. Posted March 8, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Permalink | Edit

The fixtures are what sold me on the high version. I’m a little obsessed with fixtures, so that’s what gave it away for me. I will say, the other option does give it a run for it’s money and for so much less! This was fun, Seleta!

13. J
    Posted March 8, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Permalink | Edit

I’d say the first–the devil is in the details. And, after close inspection, I’d have to say I prefer the first as well. The more open bookshelf would be the first reason I find it more inviting. The bookshelf pulls too much weight in the second example. I also preferred the lamps/lighting in the first example; nicer shapes, I’d say. Last–and least important–was the difference in the rugs. That gray is such a gorgeous, understated accent.

14. Posted March 8, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Permalink | Edit

What an amazing imitation. I was so wrong on that one, but I would be perfectly satisfied with either.

15. CArolyn
    Posted March 8, 2011 at 4:24 pm | Permalink | Edit

THe first one is the more expensive one, BUT I would rather spend the $10,000 difference on something else and live with #2!

16. CArolyn
    Posted March 8, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Permalink | Edit

I am a painter and the easel was my first clue.

17. Ann
    Posted March 8, 2011 at 5:43 pm | Permalink | Edit

Although I really like them both, I pick the first picture!

18. Posted March 8, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Permalink | Edit

I like the 2nd one! I used that same pendant in my recent kitchen/breakfast area renovation. Love your blog, by the way!

19. Posted March 8, 2011 at 9:03 pm | Permalink | Edit

Love them both!

20. Posted March 9, 2011 at 7:32 am | Permalink | Edit

Mhm, the IKEA pendant may be in every second (german) household.
    A room for over $ 10,000 ? My husband would kill me! ;)
    Greetings from Hamburg

21. Posted March 10, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Permalink | Edit

Oh dear, now I have another obsession to look at! I WISH I could make money just looking at pretty and inspiring stuff online =) Thanks for sharing – that High/Low thing is going to get me inspired =)

22. Posted March 11, 2011 at 10:17 am | Permalink | Edit

I think the rug gives it away, really. But I actually prefer the heftier bookcase in the “low” version. I wish I had $1,000 to spend on a cowhide… *sad face*

One Trackback

1. […] pop over to see what’s new and inspiring.  There’s always something!  Seleta blogged about this space earlier this week, and it’s one of many in a favorite series over at SOH called ‘High/Low’ […]