happy birthday seleta

This is Peter, Seleta’s husband. Having hijacked her blog in the middle of the night for a surprise and unofficial guest post, I would like to take this opportunity to say Happy Birthday and to thank her for being such a wonderful wife, mother and lover of design, fashion, style and all things that make life more interesting and fun.  She is the most amazing woman her children and I know.   We appreciate this forum to share her talents and creative interest with her friends and the blogosphere.

Seleta is quite the star in our home, as the photos of her will show.  Maybe this is another side of her from what is typically presented in the blog.  But first here are some well wishes from a few good friends:

Peter,  I attached a lovely dimpled pitcher and a pretty all white bath for Seleta to take a wee bubble bath and pour some lovely salts in the water.  White rose petals and white chocolate and white green tea….and maybe a litte champagne too!  White robes and white slippers….  Wishing Seleta a happy b-day.  Best to you both!!!  Patricia  PvE design

.   .   .   .   .

Dear Seleta:  Happy! Happy! Happy! Wishing you all the very best for your birthday. May it be a day filled with all the love, laughter and joy one girl can take!!!  Kisses from Italy,  The Gianni Family

The Gianni family with us this Easter (minus Pietro)

.   .   .   .   .

Here’s a video From one of Seleta’s long time friends, Jackie:

Seleta,  Happy BIG birthday, my dear friend!  It seems like yesterday we first met in Mr. Crowe’s Social Studies class.  You were maybe 12…13 max.  So equestrian, even at that age.  It makes me so happy to know you’re so happy today with your horse. You are one extraordinary person who has more talent than is actually fair :)!  Is there anything you cant do?…and do well?  I’m truly touched that you’ve found the space in your life to keep in touch with me and actually grow our friendship over these years.  I  know the next 40 years will prove to be our best!  I look forward to many long talks solving the world’s, nutritional problems, your organizational dilemnas(& mine!), my decorating confusion, our “issues” etc…etc. I wouldn’t know what to do without your friendship.  I love you to pieces!   Jackie

And a happy birthday from the Miller’s in Atlanta:

.   .   .   .   .

Seleta,  Happy Birthday to my sexy, savvy, talented, smart, witty and long-time friend!!  I am certain that your wonderful husband and “offspring” have a splendid day planned for you, as you are very deserving.  Enjoy your special day and know that you are in my thoughts often – miss you bunches!  Your “old” friend,   Sherie

Sherie with our family:

.   .  .  .  .  .

Happy birthday! I am so glad you’ve been my bff for so many years. I am lucky to have you in my life and I wish I could be there to celebrate with you in person. I love you and miss you. Joanne aka j.c.s

.   .   .   .   .

Happy Birthday to my favorite girl.  You’re still as sweet as you were the day I met you when you were a teenager.  But, even more beautiful.  I hope you have a wonderful day.  You deserve the best.  Wish I could have been with you to help you celebrate your special day, but we know how to make up for that.  Love you a bunch.    Carole Miller

.   .   .   .   .

Happy Birthday to the most beautiful women we know… to an amazing mom of 4 that makes it look so easy and to an unbelievable talented lady that the World will soon see again.  We love you Seleta!  Happy 40th…it’s the new 20, so enjoy.  Kindest regards, Dixie Donis Miller

.   .   .   .   .

Fried chicken, Country Hog, Its your Birthday, Hot Dawg!!!!  Hope it’s awesome!  Love to all. Paige and Matt Camp

.   .   .   .   .

I guess we will have to save the over the hill cracks for 50 since you only look 30! Happy Birthday. With Thanks, Troy Miller

.   .   .   .   .
Seleta is quite the mother to our daughters.
They do love her:
She’s always busy with the family:
Very busy:
We keep her in all sorts of activities:
And with all the activity, she’s the life or our party:
And she stays a little crazy and fun:
She’s a ton of fun:
We believe she can fly, here’s proof:
Her eyes are very blue and she’s passed that on to some of us:):
She’s always styling and designing our days:
She has quite a back ground in media.  Here is her very first TV job for her college station.  After this she went on to ABC and then Fox 5 in Atlanta.  She interviewed many celebrities including Mike Myers and Louis Gossett Jr.
And she’s always been our princess:
Our Superstar! (I’ll be in the dog house for sharing this photo:))
We all love our Seleta.
She made our great family and keeps us smiling  (Photo by Marla Carter):
Happy Birthday Seleta…from your husband and children.
This entry was posted in Our Family, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. katie says:

Happy birthday!!! My days would be much less inspired without you!! BTW- what a precious husband you have…to take the time and effort to coordinate notes and pictures from old friends!! So sweet

2. Monica says:

Happy birthday wishes to you Seleta!!! I loved viewing this wonderful montage of birthday salutations and memories. I love the way your husband lifts you up!!! Since Iv’e started reading your posts, it has become a wonderful sharing time for my family. Have an awesome bIrThDaY!!!!!!

3. CC says:

OH! MY! GOSH! My heart is melting!!! What a sweet and loving tribute to you from your wonderful hubby!!!

Happy, happy birthday! Wishing you all the best!!!!!
    Hugs~

4. Lori H says:

Awww…such a great way to honor your birthday! Happy birthday, Seleta.

5. Suzanne says:

Happy Birthday Seleta. What a beautiful post from your husband. You sure are lucky! Hope you had a great day.

6. You absolutely CANNOT be in the dog house for anything Peter because that was so beautiful and thoughtful. I LOVED seeing that beautiful, giving,”life of the party “side of Seleta. Thank you for sharing. Seleta, Happy Happy Birthday. You are a beautiful person with a beautiful life.

7. P.S. Love all the green “Seaside” wear. We will be in Seaside next month and this got me excited for you trip:)

8. Marianne says:

Happy, Happy Birthday, Seleta!!! What an amazing husband you have to do such a special tribute to you! May all of your birthday wishes come true! You derserve every bit of it! xo

9. Jennifer says:

Happy Birthday Seleta! What a wonderful, thoughtful post put together by your husband. You both complete each other it seems. Cheers to you and your beautiful family, have a great day, hope you are spoiled rotten!

10. Candace E. says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! What fun! I hope it’s awesome! You really are an inspiration. I have a 3-year old, 2-year old, and 8-month old and I see your pics and comments about your family and it just makes me want to soak up every moment. Well wishes from Memphis!

11. Rachel says:

Happy Birthday! Hope you enjoyed your special day with your precious family.

12. Lucy says:

Well, that left me in tears. What a beautiful, thoughtful post by your husband, children and dear friends. Clearly you are one loved lady. Enjoy your special day!

13. laurenbtrain says:

Happy Birthday! What a fabulous birthday post!

14. Annemarie says:

Wishing you a happy, happy birthday, Seleta! Hope your day is fabulous! I adored this post. Thank you to your wonderful family for letting us see all of these lovely photos and messages!!! xoxo

15. Belle says:

Happy Birthday to a beautiful lady with a lovely family!

16. MaryBeth says:

Happy Birthday Seleta! 40? No way!
    That is one sugary sweet husband you have to do such a lovely birthday surprise.
    Hope the rest of your day is just as great, xo, MB

Enjoy all the celebrations today in your honor of another revolution around the sun and making it look so easy. You deserve all the love bestowed upon you.
    A quote from Little Women,: “Ah, but I didn’t plan to go it alone!” Enjoy this day surrounded by the many who admire and honor your birthday! Peter is a keeper!

18. Samantha says:

Best post I’ve ever seen. What a beautiful family you have inside and out. Happy happy birthday! With family and friends like you have, I know it will be the best ever!

19. Oh how sweet! Happy birthday Seleta!!!!!!

Jennifer

20. MzMannerz says:

What a lovely tribute – such a sweet hubby! I enjoy your blog and get so excited when I see a new post on my feed. Happy Birthday!

21. This is so incredibly sweet of your husband – and what a wonderful birthday gift! Your family is darling and I loved finding out more about you Seleta. Happy Birthday!!!! Best post of the day!

22. Amanda M. says:

Happy Birthday, Seleta! I am so thankful for the beautiful inspiration that comes from your blog! I absolutely love it! And what a most wonderful husband you have! :-)

23. Courtney says:

Omg that is the nicest, sweetest, most thoughtful thing ever! Happy birthday!

24. Bri says:

Happy Birthday! You have a wonderful husband, it was so thoughtful of him to hijack your blog for this very special occasion. I hope you have a fantastic day!

25. nicole h says:

This is such a sweet post! Happy Birthday, I hope you have a great day!

26. kelly says:

Aww! Happy Birthday Seleta! You are my #1 imaginary blogger friend! Ha! I seriously love your blog so much. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

27. Kathy says:

This is beautiful. I know you are having a wonderful day. Happiest of birthdays!

28. Pam D. says:

Love it! What a great surprise!! Happy Birthday Seleta! Hope you had a fantastic day!

29. mom22 says:

Happy birthday, Seleta!!!

30. Carey says:

Best husband ever (besides my own)!!!! Happy Happy Birthday Seleta or should I say, Beauty Queen. Xo

31. pam says:

what a beautiful birthday tribute for a beautiful gal! happy birthday seleta! pam

32. aunt pat says:

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! you are indeed a special one in our hearts.

33. Allison says:

Happy Birthday to you!
    Happy Birthday to you!
    Happy Birthday dear Seleta,
    Happy Birthday to you!
    And, many more!!!!!!
    I wish you a wonderful fun filled birthday celebration.
    I’m so glad to have met you via your blog this past year.
    What a beautiful birthday tribute, Peter!

34. Sherry Hart says:

What a touching tribute from someone who loves you very much!!! How special that he put it all together for you. Hope you have a wonderful day:)

35. geli says:

Happy Birthday, Seleta! All the best wishes for a great year ahead filled with joy and
    laughter. The best and biggest present is your loving family and your adoring husband –
    what a great tribute, Peter! May you always be this happy…..

36. This is absolutely lovely!! What a wonderful tribute to a wonderful person … and she’s got an amazing husband and family, too!

37. hana says:

happy birthday seleta! this could not be any sweeter. enjoy YOUR day! xo

38. j says:

Be still my heart. What an AMAZING tribute to your beautiful, talented and inspirational wife Peter.
    Seleta, you are blessed beyond measure and loved by so many. May all your birthday wishes come true~
    Happy 40 th!
    xoxo

39. kayce hughes says:

Hope you had the best birthday. You seem to get more beautiful with age!

40. Lizziefitz says:

Happy Birthday ,Seleta!!! You have been an inspiration in so many ways to me. Not to mention an inspiration to buy a few items , new anthro wedges, for one;) i have enjoyed the stylish, sassy, adventurous ,witty and family devoted woman that you share with all your bloggy friends. God bless you and Happy Birthday once more:)))

41. Oksana says:

This is the sweetest thing ever! Happy b-day! So amazing that your hubby showed his love for you in this way. To many more healthy, happy, and successful years.

Oksana

42. Karen says:

Love it! I hope Seleta has an awesome year ahead.

43. Hello lover says:

Happy Birthday (belated)! What a lovely thing to wake up to on your birthday morning – hope the day continued this way!

44. Angie says:

Happy Birthday! As a decorator, I am always inspired by others whom have a very personal vision and are confident enough to share it. I so look forward to your blogs and I too am a fan of white (with a little blue thrown in for good measure) Thanks for so graciously sharing your designs, dreams, family and self!

45. angela says:

Happy Birthday, Seleta! May all your dreams come true !

46. Laurence says:

Happy birthday from London .
    Enjoy the wonderful day .

Laurence

47. Joanne says:

Happy Birthday Seleta! Besides being very thoughtful and sweet, I am totally impressed that your husband was able to figure out how to upload those pictures and videos and format the blog so beautifully! I think I see a new blog on the horizons….Perfectly Peter! Best wishes to you and your family! Joanne

48. Cheri says:

Oh my goodness ,how darling !
    Way to go Peter…(insert jumpy clappy hands)
    Happy Birthday Seleta!
    I hope this is the best year ever for you !Yeah!

49. Happy Birthday, Seleta! I hope you have a fabulous day!

50. Mareike says:

Congratulations from Germany! What a lovely post for a lovely person …

51. Andrea says:

Happy Birthday to one lucky lady! Have a wonderful day and year. Kudos to your husband for his thoughtful gesture. Enjoy!

52. Carole says:

Happy Birthday, again, Seleta. I should really be addressing this to Peter though. so…….
    Peter, you’re so unbelievable. I’m just about in tears. What you have given to Seleta in this blog is so beautiful. Even the largest diamond in the world couldn’t come close to expressing your love for Seleta more than this. You really are the best!

53. Andrea says:

Happy Birthday to a lucky lady! Enjoy your day and kudos to your husband for a thoughtful post. Have fun!!

54. carlee says:

what a sweet husband to set this up! he’s a keeper! happy birthday seleta! you were one of the first blogs i started reading a few years back and you still continue to inspire! i always enjoy your posts. hope you had a fabulous birthday!

55. Ms. Bright says:

Happy happy birthday! You are so loved! What a sweet way to show you!!!

Hope this year is your best yet!

xo

56. Molly says:

Happy Birthday!!! That was the sweetest post, ever! It really shows what an amazing person, mother, wife and friend you are. And you’re 40?!? I think that has to be typo because you look 25!!!

57. You’re a good man, Peter. Nice work!

58. Aunt Kathi says:

That was the sweetest thing I’ve ever seen a husband do. You two are so lucky to have found each other! k

59. Sarah says:

Beautiful family & super sweet husband! Happy, happy birthday.

60. Patty says:

Hope you had an extra special day!

61. Jennifer says:

too, too sweet! hope your birthday was super!

62. Erin says:

What an absolutely amazing post!!

Happy Birthday to you! Looks like it was a very happy one indeed! :)

63. Ashley says:

Happy Birthday. This is such a precious post. Your family is quite smitten with you and it pours through your posts. What a sweet husband!

64. erin says:

happy birthday seleta! this may be my favorite post yet!
    what a beautiful life and beautiful family.
    all my best. e

65. Leanne says:

Happy Birthday. What a beautiful post for a beautiful lady!

66. Pink Wallpaper says:

OMG that was the sweetest thing!!! Happy belated b’day seleta!!!!! xo- Pink Wallpaper

67. jbhat says:

Wow!! What a treat to read. I love knowing that your husband is your biggest fan.

Nice work, Peter!! You’ve set the bar high for the next milestone birthday.

Seleta. You look younger and more beautiful now than you did in your pageant days. You’re such an inspiration to so many of your readers. Thank you!

jbhat

68. Whitney says:

By far one of the sweetest posts I have ever read! Happy Belated Birthday to your adorable self! xxW

69. erin hedrick says:

darling husband and family you have.

70. What a wonderful post! Happy belated birthday, Seleta!!

71. Corine says:

First time here and this adorable post sums is it up :) Lovely.

72. Catherine says:

Ah! I just saw this. So, so adorable and sweet. A very Happy Birthday to you!