wednesday {pearly} white

Guess who lost her very first tooth on the 4th of July?

We were in Atlanta visiting our family friend Carole, known as Mimi to the kids.  You may remember meeting her in this post.  Carole’s lovely white staircase with its lucite spindles seemed like the perfect place to document little one’s big moment.

She has spent six years watching big brother and sister lose a mouthful of teeth and cash in from the tooth fairy.  She’s asked us countless times, “when will I lose a tooth? When is it my turn?”   We kept telling her not to worry, she would be next.  But then things got tricky.  Little brother (who’s 14 months younger than her) popped up with the very same loose tooth in his mouth.  Oh boy, that was something.  I thought she was going to blow a gasket.

Determined not to be out-toothed by her kid brother, she wiggled and wiggled and wiggled day and night for a solid three weeks.  Fortunately little brother wasn’t much interested in his loose tooth and it’s still hanging in there.

With a little help from my tissue trick, we pulled that tooth.  She was officially the next one to lose a tooth.  Whew, was I relieved.

Someone else decided to make an appearance in our photo session ; )

After little sister was getting all of this fanfare, suddenly older sister started wiggling one of her back teeth and asked me to pull it out immediately.  Of course it wasn’t the least bit ready to go, but we tried.  These four can get pretty competitive with each other.  It’s quite comical to watch.

This entry was posted in Our Family. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. amanda says:

What sweet photos! I particularly love the first one of her posing on the stairs.

2. jenna says:

thats so funny, i just found Ava has a loose tooth {FINALLY} she just turned 6 and all her friends have already lost at least one! It’s bittersweet!

Your little one is growing like crazy! both girls have gorgeous hair!

3. Geli says:

aawww how cute! Look how ladylike she’s put her legs to the side!! Southern girls are taught early….. I think the tooth fairy is going to work overtime at your house.
    # 3 has grown quite a bit, and she’s gorgeous – just like her older sister who is the mini you,
    Seleta.

4. How sweet and exciting! My poor child lost her first teeth by having to have them pulled – they were never going to come out on their own. She was a good sport about it, though.

5. Allison says:

Adorable photos of your beautiful daughters. How exciting she lost her first tooth! I agree with Geli – your oldest daughter is your mini you! Your friend, Carole, has a gorgeous staircase.

6. aunt pat says:

so very sweet. I wish we lived closer.

7. Shar Y says:

Your daughters are absolutly beautiful. Great photos!

8. Hayley Mann says:

Your girls are out of this world beautiful!

9. Hello lover says:

They are such beautiful little ladies!

10. Liza says:

Such sweet sisters. Congratulations on new milestone!

11. Tracey says:

Ok, I must know what the tissue trick is?