one last trip

Still working on part two of our hair post series…hope to have that for you later on this week.

Yesterday I scooped up a couple of our kiddos and headed back to Atlanta for one last hurrah before school starts next week.  Cannot believe summer is almost over!!  Peter is back home with our youngest and our middle (the equestrian) is in Birmingham riding about six horses a day.  So we’re spread out all over the place.

Another reason I’m here is to attend an exciting event.  Remember me telling you how much I loved the book, The Help?  If you haven’t read it yet, you must.  Friend Nikole graciously invited me to attend the premier of the movie with her tonight.  We both read the book, so this will be a super fun girl night!  Cannot wait!!  Just seeing the invite gave me butterflies.

How perfect that the suggested attire on the invitation read “Southern Chic.”  This page from Lucky mag made me think of just that.

Don’t you love the striped kate spade jillian dress?  Just noticed it’s on sale in blue  here.

Back soon after we finish our Atlanta trip – maybe with some pics from tonight!

This entry was posted in About me, Movies I Love. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. paige says:

have fun!
    i can’t wait to see it. i’m reading through it a second time right now.love those characters
    xo

2. I’m so jealous! You are in for a fun night! I would love to meet you on your next Atlanta trip!

3. Ann says:

Please send us some photos. Would love to be there, as I read the book, grew up in the south, and yes we had “help” so I can truly identify with the book. what a great way to spend a hot evening in August!

4. Caroline says:

insanely jealous of you currently… what a fabulous event to attend! looking forward to a recap post :) enjoy! xo

5. kayce hughes says:

I am SO excited to see that movie!

6. missi says:

Greetings from the Orlando area–

Dear Seleta, I have just finished reading all your old posts and can’t tell you how much I love your blog. Thanks for sharing your life in such a sweet, fun way. I love decorating, fashion and family too. I’ve already booked the sitter and plan on seeing The Help soon. Let us know what you thought. Have a great night.

7. Allison says:

Oh how fun, Seleta! I’m reading the book right now and can’t wait to see the movie next week. Enjoy your girls night out! That Kate Spade dress is beautiful!

8. Deb Cull says:

Oh my goodness, I’m SO jealous! My husband and I just picked up The Help on CD last week, and we finished it within days. We would drive around and sit in the living room listening to it. I can’t wait to see the movie. Let us all know how the evening goes!

9. Tara says:

The Help was one of the best books I’ve read in a long time! It will definitely stay in my top favorite books of all time. I cannot wait to see the movie! I hope you have an amazing time tonight and can’t wait to hear what you have to say about it! HAVE FUN!

10. hena tayeb says:

That sounds like so much fun. I haven’t read it.. but intend to when I get some time.
    Btw.. i love those shoes.

11. Have a great time you lucky duck. FYI: Garden & Gun featured the hometown opening here http://gardenandgun.com/viewAllPhotos?type=photo_gallery&nid=2557 from last Saturday.
    I’ve been waiting for this movie to arrive. The hype has lasted forever!

12. susan anneheim says:

Love the book so much. What a fun girls night ! Can’ t wait to see the movie!

13. katharine says:

I love “Southern Chic”!!! Can’t wait to see pictures and I’m sure you looked beautiful!

14. Seleta says:

I cannot WAIT to post about the premier, thank you for ALL being so patient with my posts – I know they’re spread out but I have so much going on that I am having to really pace myself. And thanks Ronnie, for the garden & gun link!!!

xoxo
    seleta

15. L says:

Seleta: While no equestrian myself, my family had a horse for a short time when I was young, and I enjoy the posts about your love of riding. It’s so special that you can share that with your daughter. That said, I spotted some cute equestrian note cards (Inslee by Design) on Joss & Main today and thought of you. If you have a membership, you may want to take a look. The beach note cards are cute, too. Have a wonderful weekend!

16. L says:

P.S. I am attending a sneak peek of the Help on Monday, so I’m scrambling to finish the book. I can’t wait!