wednesday white

Been spending a lot of time at the barn with my girls and my mare.  Divine.  Therapeutic.  Relaxing.  One of my favorite places to be.  Let’s go with barn chic today.

I think my head would explode from sheer joy if I ever had a pretty white barn.  There’s a very good chance I would frequently camp overnight in there with my reluctant-but-willing husband and four barn rats.  I could imagine tucking in my brood with fluffy tartan plaid blankets on big haystacks.  And there’s nothing better than sipping early morning coffee with the sweet smell of hay and horses if you ask me.

Board and batten makes me crazy happy…

Even when a slight variation of it is used on an interior space, such as tongue and groove vertical board.  It gives that delicious rustic feel.  Remember, texture is your friend when using all white.

Simple siding works well too.

And painted brick with tongue and groove walls?  Delightfully rustic.

[photos via lonny + pinterest]

This entry was posted in Random Thoughts, White Spaces. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Oh yes, I can imagine sitting with coffee and a croissant looking at that white barn. So pretty.

2. j says:

Can I come too? I don’t ride horses…..but I have been told I am a pretty darn fun, good company ,and LOVE kids. I’ll bring my five boys to do the dirty work, and two australian shepards to keep them all entertained, while we relax and sip that delicious coffee. Mmm….I can smell the delightful scent of the hay already.
    Divine dream. Simply divine.

3. Deb Legg says:

I adore all the white! After 10 years of color I recently went white. Our master bedroom has never been so serene.

4. Melissa says:

I covet a barn but of the red variety.

5. Laura C says:

oooh

gentle on the eyes & the mind

if only..

you can take a gal out of kentucky
    but you can’t take kentucky out of a gal.
    love barns, hay, horses, oats and white.

7. Lindsay says:

oh seleta, you’ve done it again! these photos are amazing and have really got me inspired for my next client…thanks for the inspiration!

8. Allison says:

That is the most charming barn I have ever seen. Love the hanging and potted flowers, too. I’m packed and ready to move in! A wonderful white post, Seleta.

9. Marianne says:

That first barn is picture perfect. I can see you with one exactly like it! Always love Wednesday white!

10. Elaine Sauer says:

I love the space – the living room area looks all to comforting! And the outdoor patio too..we are quickly coming to a much cooler temperature in the midwest so those days are over! thanks for sharing Seleta..

11. Kayla Onufer says:

Just divine…you have inspired me to start renovating my petite chateau using…white of course. Huge love, moi

12. Such pretty images, thank you for sharing! I have “barn fever”, too!

13. Stephanie says:

sigh …. I so want a barn! Ever since Bunny Williams’ “an affair with a house” …

14. Oh I want painted brick walls one day.

One Trackback