Our kids have been celebrating Halloween since Friday.  Can’t remember the last time this holiday was a three-day event.  Whew, it’s been wild.  I’m exhausted!

Thought I’d share what Halloween looks like in our neck of the woods.

First a pre-Halloween night in Rosemary Beach packed with candy and festivities.  Don’t let these innocent faces fool you, they’re really sugar crack heads.

On the big day, our guys get all dressed up then we head to Seaside to join the other local families for some festive trick or treating.  Oldest didn’t dress up this year, but he came along for the fun.

These two were cat fighting it out with each other tonight.  Maybe they both should have been dressed as felines?  Look at their expressions, ha ha.  I’ll blame it on the sugar.

Each Halloween, the local merchants of Seaside prepare for the crowds with festive decorations and keep their doors open to hand out candy.

Friend Laura Granberry outside her studio…you may recall when I shot her home in last year’s Thanksgiving style session with Tracery.  I’ll be taking you on a personal tour of Laura’s store very soon!   Loved her wig.  In real life she’s a honey blonde  ; )

She had one fun candy station.

Some of my new ballet students : )

Our sweet friend Hannah, dressed as a kitty.

Time to go home.  Chasing sugar monsters to the car…which was about as easy as herding cats.

Happy Halloween!!

This entry was posted in Halloween, Happenings Around Town, Our Family. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Marcia says:

My favorite part was the iced cold beer!! they are growing up too fast!!

There was a massive power outage and in one area of CT. – the Mayor gave a halt to Halloween? What? No Halloween….now maybe a Mom’s dream, but a child’s nightmare.
    It is one day of the year that is so much fun for kiddo’s.

3. cc says:

that looks so fun! what a great time. we here in CT did in fact have Halloween MOVED to Nov. 5th. craziness. it’s going to be a looong winter so please keep the sunny picture coming Seleta!

4. Megan says:

What a fun Halloween. All the costumes (your’s included) look great. This makes me wish I had dressed up last night, even without kiddos!

5. Lexie says:

We found Laura’s fabulous shop on our trip to Alys a few months ago. Made 3 visits there as my 7 yo was obsessed with her shell selection! She and her Michael both have amazing talent!

6. Allison says:

It looks like a fun and festive weekend you all had! Great costumes and I love yours. I had fun last night passing out candy to about 70 kids.

7. Leanne says:

Looks like everyone had such a great time! I think it’s fabulous that the shops join in too. Halloween is a bit of a non event in Australia (although more popular than when I was a child).

8. Candace says:

Is it just me that noticed that your sweet little fella is now looking like an official cool teenager?! Whew! Made me snuggle with my 3-year old boy a little longer last night.

9. Amanda M. says:

Absolutely LOVE these pictures! What adorable little sugar heads. :)

10. Mary Ruth Kozma says:

Came across your Blog by way of Gramercy blog. Love the photography and you have a beautiful family! I enjoyed browsing, will be back.