city chic

Here’s another look for the Bungalow 5 Jacqui chest.  A little more mod than our previous one,  this vibe is all about sophistication and color.

Today’s look:  CITY CHIC

IMG_2834

The idea behind this look is an edited tabletop with plenty of color and pattern.  Simple and chic.

DIY ALERT:  The art you see was created in a matter of minutes by my 7 year old.  Technically it would have been better as a bigger piece, but I was working with what I had on hand.  Children are great resources for creating abstract art. Their brains are so free and happy, all you have to do is give them paper, a few brushes and some paint and they’ll go to town.  It’s an easy project to manage and super fun for your little one.  My kids love it when I display their art!  [just noticed I forgot to take down that hook below the art, ha ha, please excuse.]

IMG_2835

I love the little boxes, found them a few years ago at T.J. Maxx.  They add a nice graphic quality to our grouping.  My six year old uses them as his “treasure boxes” and stores all kinds of crazy things in them.  I think right now they are holding rocks and sticks, ha!  Found the foo dog bookends at a Homegoods in Atlanta.  Sadly, one slid right off the chest while I was shooting and broke into a thousand pieces.  At least I still have one left!

IMG_2841

SOURCES:

1. Chest:  Bungalow 5.  $1,690. You can contact Tracery Interiors to order this chest.  Price is 10% off if you mention simply seleta.   You may also contact Bunglow 5 at (201) 405-1800 for more info.
  2. Hydrangeas:  Bella Flora.  This arrangement has lasted more than a week.  Amazing!
  3. Boxes, foo dogs, and lamp: T.J. Maxx and Homegoods.
  4. Pillow:  Tracery Interiors.  $86.  Contact Tracery to order one for yourself.   Mention simply seleta and get 10% off.
  5. Books:  my collection.
.    .    .    .

INSPIRATION FOR TODAY’S STYLE:

This fabulous pillow from Tracery.  I fell for the hushed blue graphic pattern against the linen background; the look is warm yet sophisticated.   And I really love the price.

tracery pillow

Hope you liked this little styling series.  It was a fun project, thanks for all of your comments!

This entry was posted in Accessories, DIY, Living Rooms, My Home. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted March 21, 2012 at 10:55 am | Permalink | Edit

love love love this one seleta! i have that same larger box… mine is from homegoods. loved the series! thanks. pam

2. Posted March 21, 2012 at 11:05 am | Permalink | Edit

Yet another beautiful display! Love the color of the bookends. Too bad that one was broken. Love your child’s art too!

3. Kate
    Posted March 21, 2012 at 12:13 pm | Permalink | Edit

Another gorgeous arrangement! It’s hard to pick a favorite! Very well done, I love your style. Beautiful, interesting and clean.

4. Posted March 21, 2012 at 12:22 pm | Permalink | Edit

Okay, I’m thinking painting party for the kids! That is brilliant and I adore that chest!!

5. Posted March 21, 2012 at 12:22 pm | Permalink | Edit

I loved all the vignettes but this one is my favorite and the most “me.” GREAT series. I’d love to see this as a regular…ways to style various parts of your house…vanity, nightstand, bookcases, tables, etc.

I am pretty good at decor but I don’t mix things up often enough. I do it once and forget about it. I think showing how you can move things around that you already own to make visual impact is inspiring.

6. Posted March 21, 2012 at 2:29 pm | Permalink | Edit

Just goes to show how someone with great taste can make magic happen! Youre one talented lady!
    Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

7. Posted March 21, 2012 at 5:27 pm | Permalink | Edit

This one has to be my favorite! I’m a little sad foo dog is missing his little friend.

8. Nicole
    Posted March 21, 2012 at 7:28 pm | Permalink | Edit

Echoing Kim from 3 peanuts. I have noticed that you are great at moving things around your house and using what you already have in different ways/spaces. Great on the budget, and smart stewardship. It’s something I want to get better at in my own home!

And, if you wouldn’t mind sharing how you make your morning latte, that could make a fun post, too!

Thanks for the inspiration, Seleta!

9. Posted March 21, 2012 at 9:03 pm | Permalink | Edit

Being a city girl myself I have to say I have loved them all but this is my favorite!

10. Posted March 23, 2012 at 11:12 am | Permalink | Edit

gorgeous! makes me want to go home and decorate my house right this second- very inspired!

11. Posted March 23, 2012 at 11:13 am | Permalink | Edit

12. Heather
    Posted April 2, 2012 at 8:33 pm | Permalink | Edit

Hi Selata! I have to say I like this one best too!! Funny question, regarding the hook you left up. ;). I have some of those command hooks too, do you find them good for hanging pictures (even though they say “not intended for picture hanging”? I’ve been temped to use them for that but was scared. Thanks for the help! Heather