garden goddess

Continuing with our week of style, I arranged the top of my new Bungalow 5 Jacqui chest in a different way.  And our accent color is just in time for St. Patrick’s Day.

Today’s look:  GARDEN GODDESS

IMG_2762

Books, plants, flowers.  Simple and au naturel.  Can you spot our lazy cat?

IMG_2763

Hydrangeas and succulents?  A great pair.  These adorable birch containers are from Bella Flora.  Owner, Melanie, put the succulents in planters using all “green” materials…I’ll show you in our behind-the-scenes shot at the bottom of the post.

IMG_2784

STYLE TIP:  for visual interest, mix different textures and styles.  I love the rough, rustic texture of the succulent planters against the smooth, modern surface of the chest.

I do love green.  And I’m obsessed with this 2-tier stand from Tracery.  When looking for accessories for this post series, I spotted this stand in Tracery’s shop and knew it would be my anchor piece for this look…they already had it filled with these amazing moss spheres, so it was love at first sight.

IMG_2798

Sorry for the slight blur on some of my shots….my camera had a little accident.

SOURCES:

1. Chest:  Bungalow 5.  $1,690. You can contact Tracery Interiors to order this chest.  Price is 10% off if you mention simply seleta.   You may also contact Bunglow 5 at (201) 405-1800 for more info.
  2. Succulents containers:  $25.  Bella Flora.  Yes, they will ship!
  3. Hydrangeas:  Bella Flora.
  4. Iron 2 tier stand:  Tracery Interiors.  $180. This guy can be used for anything and everything.  Contact Tracery to order one yourself.   Mention simply seleta and get 10% off.
  5. Hat and books:  my collection.  You may remember our son dancing for this hat.
.    .    .    .

INSPIRATION FOR TODAY’S STYLE:

When shopping around, I first fell in love with the rustic vibe of the 2-tier stand from Tracery.  And the moss spheres were the exact shade of green I was after.  That led me to visiting to Bella Flora for some succulent love.  I wanted a bohemian flair, so I knew Bella Flora owner, Melanie, could hook me up.

I noticed Melanie used recycled jars for the interior of  her planters.  Way better than plastic.  I’m a Mason jar addict.

green1

Melanie is clearly a garden goddess herself.  Even a green goddess, as she uses mostly natural and recycled materials.  She works faster than lightening.  While she put together the containers this morning, I could barely shoot her hands because she moved so fast.  I think these would make adorable teacher gifts!!

green3

More styling to come next week!!

Dose of Reality:  My “week of style” has gone a tad bit slower than I was planning this week, as I had two sick kiddos and a husband out of town.  Everything goes into slow-motion when those are the life factors, ha ha.  I was grabbing accessories and styling in between my other jobs of  mommy nurse, ballet instructor, tutor, chauffeur and dinner chef.  Thanks for being patient with me.  We’ll continue this discussion next week and I’ll have some more fun looks for you to see!!

This entry was posted in Accessories, Budget projects, My Home, Style Sessions. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted March 16, 2012 at 2:29 pm | Permalink | Edit

This is so Anthro, love it all! Really want that stand. Those cute little succulents would make the perfect hostess gift or favor for a dinner party.

2. Posted March 16, 2012 at 2:37 pm | Permalink | Edit

Yes it’s fun seeing the different looks…hmmm, I wonder what will be next?

3. amber lee
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 2:42 pm | Permalink | Edit

More, more! Love these posts.

4. Posted March 16, 2012 at 5:13 pm | Permalink | Edit

Fabulous design on your new chest. I was just re-potting some plants earlier into mason jars and old tins. Great minds think alike.

Have a beautiful weekend and hope the kids are feeling better.

Marie
    xoxo

5. Posted March 16, 2012 at 5:16 pm | Permalink | Edit

i love this look too. The stand is awesome. You will be able to use that for all sorts of things. You have also convinced me that I need to run out for succulents!

6. Allison A,
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 8:06 pm | Permalink | Edit

Very beautiful, Seleta! I would never have thought to mix hydrangeas and succulents….I love it! Kind of elegant and rustic. I need succulents! Happy St. Patrick’s Day to you and your family. I hope the kids feel better soon.

7. CC
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 9:08 pm | Permalink | Edit

Seleta, I loved the way you styled this table as a bar but …THIS POST! OH! MY! GOODNESS! You nailed it!!!! I love, love, love this vignette. SUPER TERRIFIC JOB!!!!! Hope you keep it so you and your family can enjoy it for a while……like all summer long. :)

Can’t wait to see what else you’ve got to share.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day to your and yours!
    *Cheers!*

8. Posted March 16, 2012 at 9:22 pm | Permalink | Edit

Beautiful!! Love the lime green balls in the dessert tier. I want.

9. Stephanie
    Posted March 17, 2012 at 7:23 am | Permalink | Edit

Love how you styled the chest and when you feature pretties from Tracery. Can you show more furniture from Bungalow 5? Love love.

10. Eve
    Posted March 17, 2012 at 7:28 am | Permalink | Edit

Springy and fun!

11. Clara
    Posted March 17, 2012 at 7:31 am | Permalink | Edit

I adore those darling little planters and the casual way you styled the chest. Thanks for the ideas!

12. Beth
    Posted March 17, 2012 at 7:35 am | Permalink | Edit

That mod chest is going on my wish list. We are vacationing in Rosemary Beach in July – I will definitely be stopping in Tracery!!

13. jana
    Posted March 17, 2012 at 8:00 am | Permalink | Edit

Wow, perfect timing…I have recently been obsessing over succulents too and am inspired to visit my local nursery to have a look. Sorry for the setbacks this week and hope everyone is on the mend. But I love that your “real life” is so relateable.

14. Susan
    Posted March 17, 2012 at 10:24 am | Permalink | Edit

I will check out Tracery soon. Thanks for the style inspiration!

15. Posted March 17, 2012 at 3:41 pm | Permalink | Edit

Love the succulents in the bark vases – fab! :)

16. Aunt Kathi
    Posted March 18, 2012 at 12:27 am | Permalink | Edit

This was a fun post!

17. Posted March 20, 2012 at 2:31 pm | Permalink | Edit

I’m loving this look! That little chest really does have so many looks it can take on- I think I need one too :)

One Trackback