happy stripes

After seeing these new kicks by kate spade, I had to share a post for those of you who love to surround yourself with color.  These shoes are pure happiness.

They remind me so much of this adorable mud room I saw a while back…isn’t the similarity crazy?

Which also reminds me of this floor from kate spade’s New York showroom.  Believe it or not, the look was cleverly achieved using this vinyl floor tape.   What a brilliant DIY project!  Photo from Rebecca June.

Fancy a playful stripe for your space?  I’d vote for this affordable Lewis & Sheron outdoor stripe.  It could be fun turned horizontal and sewn into a table skirt with simple box pleats.  A colorful statement like this is oh-so-sophisticated, but the key to finishing that look is keeping the rest of your space very edited and simple.

I think I’d paint a room with these stripes a brilliant blue.  Something like Jamaican Aqua 2048-60 by Benjamin Moore.  I’d finish the look with one big piece of unusual art in a modern frame over the table with simple lamps on either side.  Or a quirky group of unexpected art in various frames instead of one large piece of art.

Normally I’m a neutral girl at heart, but this beautiful spring weather has me dreaming in full color!

This entry was posted in Budget projects, DIY, Fashion, Paint Colors. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted March 22, 2012 at 12:05 pm | Permalink | Edit

LOVE this post and totally hope the bunny puts those Kate Spade shoes in my Easter basket!

2. j
    Posted March 22, 2012 at 4:17 pm | Permalink | Edit

Have you checked out Target lately? They are more my price point in todays economy…..my heart went pitter patter with these babies:

As always, love your selection oh fabulous shoes!

3. Posted March 22, 2012 at 5:12 pm | Permalink | Edit

Fun, fresh and funky! I love it.

4. Aunt Pat
    Posted March 22, 2012 at 5:38 pm | Permalink | Edit

stripes are so summer!! yea!

5. CArolyn
    Posted March 23, 2012 at 11:47 am | Permalink | Edit

So refreshing and fun! I am enjoying all the bright colors out there this spring.

6. Lexi
    Posted March 24, 2012 at 7:05 pm | Permalink | Edit

We have a bathroom in Jamaican aqua! Love it! I am a life long lover of bright colors!

7. Posted March 24, 2012 at 9:33 pm | Permalink | Edit

love those shoes and now I am trying to figure out how i can use that floor tape!

8. Posted March 25, 2012 at 2:26 pm | Permalink | Edit

I love the wedges, and the fun stripes… very springy!
    Hope you’re having a nice weekend.
    Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

9. Jenni
    Posted March 26, 2012 at 2:35 pm | Permalink | Edit

Thank you once again Seleta for a great post! I have these shoes and they add”spring” to my step!! Hope your week is blessed as all your readers are by your encouraging words!

10. Posted March 26, 2012 at 2:53 pm | Permalink | Edit

I love those shoes and almost bought them last week at Von Mauer but couldn’t decide if the neutral patent leather on them made my feet look odd. They were comfortable and cute though

11. Posted March 26, 2012 at 8:21 pm | Permalink | Edit

I love, love, love the Jamaican Aqua. What a gorgeous color! (I just need something to paint!)