mini project + update

Hi there!  Do you like my completely random posts?  Could I be any more of a loser blogger?  I have a simple answer:  summer.  I’ve come to the conclusion that summertime for Moms is like tax season for Accountants.  It is nonstop action that soaks up about 15-17 hours of your day.  Don’t get me wrong, it’s definitely fun, but it takes endurance!  I dove in head first the second school was out the last weekend of May and I feel like I haven’t come up for air since.  That being said, one of our youngest little birds in the nest has been off and on ill for the past three weeks.  This past week it was Pneumonia.  Scared me to death.  The good news is she’s finally making a strong comeback!  After medication was complete, I started her on probiotics, fresh alkaline water, vitamins and daily kale smoothies.  Poor thing, she didn’t know which was worse – being sick or enduring my motherhood induced neurosis treatment plan!

In other news, before the plague hit our home, I actually completed a project!  This was a big deal, as I am a total A.D.D. fabric flirt and can never truly commit to one pattern.  Not for clients of course, but for my own home.  It’s bad.  Just look at our storage unit or ask my husband.  But I fell in love with this Galbraith & Paul and decided to finally take down the paper shades in our master bath after five years and have Romans made.  This is our personal home, not the rental.

romans1

I like the way it looks reflected in our vanity mirrors.

romans2

After Peter installed our shiny new Romans, I happened to spot our fabric in an old Domino mag. Be still my heart!

roman shade fabric- our home!

Seeing this photo excited me because I had already taken the leftover Roman fabric, made them into width-and-a-half panels, and installed them in our rental home’s family room.  Part of being a fabric hoarder means overbuying your yardage by at least six yards.

Ta-daaa!
familyroom2

Up close.  The rods, rings and finials are cheapies from Home Depot.  They originally came white but I changed them with Bronze spray paint.

familyroom1

ABOUT SUMMER BLOG POSTS….

For the sake of my mental health, I’ve decided to not put so much ridiculous pressure on myself about writing huge, mind-altering posts and just keep my posts simple and sweet.  Which is the way this blog started!  I think I’ve been procrastinating my posts because I’ve gotten so far behind on updating you on all of our life events and feel like I don’t even know where to start.  I’m committed to taking on more of a fun attitude with posting and just enjoying the summer…like my kiddos!  Once again, life lesson learned from children : )

This entry was posted in About me, Bathroom, My Design Work, My Home, Our Family. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Andrea says:

Seleta….love, love, love…your new roman shades and curtains….so pretty. I love your posts and hope that you will continue to post when you can! Love the framed sea fans!

Seleta,
    Ha. Off to get paper shades due to my inability to make decisions….and Summer too.
    Summer does have a way of cramping one’s style….no need to make any apologies for lack of blogging or frizzy hair. I love knowing that you are human.
    Why does having a blog make one feel like all our ducks have to be in a row, perfectly swimming like Esther Williams!
    Random is fine with me….fun is too.

3. Kathy says:

So sorry that your daughter has been sick, but glad to hear that she is doing better now. Love your new shades! I am curious about your kale smoothie. I have been making kale chips for snacks but can’t quite imagine what a kale smoothie would taste like. It sounds healthy though, and I am sure it is tasty. You should post the recipe. By the way, your blog is not nearly as neglected as mine! Happy summer!

4. Love that print! I have a hard time committing too! Summer should be simple right? Hard to remember sometimes. Hope yours is off to a good start!

Jennifer

5. Sally says:

Happy Summer! this made my day… love when you share your home!!!!

6. kayce hughes says:

Love that fabric!
    Just went a good 10 days with out a post……..when the kids are all grown and we are sad we can post every day all summer long.
    xokc

7. Allison says:

Love your choice and your post inspired me to pick out a few others from the Galbraith & Paul website to try for our two large kitchen windows.

8. Pam D. says:

Great to hear that your daughter is on the mend! And even better to hear about probiotics and kale smoothies!! Good for you!! I’d love to know how you do the kale smoothies! We just picked up some from our **** and that is one great way to incorporate it into our diet!!

Great curtains as well…loving the fabric!!

Yes, enjoy your summer and your family…they are way to precious!!

Thanks,
    Pam

9. Pam D. says:

PS…. the **** in the last comment was suppose to read ‘ Community Supported Agriculture’, a local organic farm that has a box program weekly…our 1st experience with it and lots of new greens my family has never tried!!

Pam

10. Monica says:

Hello- Glad your little one is improving in her health. What else do you put in your kale smoothies for them to taste good. I’m having a twist of a time trying to flavor them without too much sweeter.

I’m a fabric flirter too and adore the pattern and color. SPOT ON!!!!!!

Enjoy your summer!
    Smiles, Monica

11. Lauren says:

Oh so beautiful and glad your sweetie pie’s feeling better!!
    Xoxo

12. Andrea C says:

So glad to hear your girl is on the mend..love Galbraith and Paul. Went to their annual sample sale but came home empty handed…Apparently you need to arrive hours before they open and wait in line for additional hours after you’ve picked your pillows from the stacks that are to the ceiling..totally cool place..next year I WILL be prepared!
    Happy Summer!!

13. Steve Barley says:

Wow, what a lovely way to start the summer! Such a great inspiration to see a home designed and arranged beautifully!

14. caroline says:

Sorry your munchkin hasn’t been feeling well… Enjoy your summer with the kiddos. We will take a post whenever or however we can get it ;) new fabric is lovely!

15. CArolyn says:

Life is to be lived first and documented later! Glad you are updating us and we will enjoy your posts whenever they show up. That is wonderful fabric; so fresh, crisp and timeless.

16. Claire says:

Gorgeous curtains. If children are keeping you busy it must mean you are raising them right. Too many throw their kids in front of entertainment or give them over to nannies and the children suffer as a result. Kudos to you Seleta.

17. Shar Y says:

Great post, love the fabric, totally my colors. And glad your gal is on the mend. I don’t blog although I have thought about it. My kids are grown and so I wonder if I would ever have anything to say of interest? But, I do enjoy yours so much and will look forward to posts when you can. You are so right to put your children and summer first. They grow up so fast! Now, I am watching my grands just spring up from babies! Yikes!
    Take care and have fun, we are here for you!

18. Beautiful choice, Seleta! Hope you’re little one is feeling better soon!

19. Marissa says:

that fabric is drool-worthy… love both the romans & curtains!

20. Amy says:

Hi Seleta,
    Nice to see a post, I had missed you!! (Sounds a bit strange!) But – family first. There is plenty of time to catch up on things down the track.
    All the best,
    Amy

21. Wow, Seleta, the shades and panels turned out beautifully! What a perfect fabric choice for your home. So glad to hear you are enjoying the summer with your family!

22. Nicole says:

Those window treatments are gorgeous! I can relate to the procrastination problem – I have yet to make the Kelly Wearstler Katana fabric you led me to into romans, but now you have given me just the kick I needed!

I can also relate to the madness of summer, and have offered a few bits of advice on my new blog, progressoverperfectionblog.com. Feel free to check it out! I also sent a little thanks and love from my spot in the blogosphere to yours in a post dated June 17. Read it with my gratitude for excellent advice!

Continue to enjoy your time with your kiddos! We’ll enjoy whatever posts you send our way, they’re all good!
    Take care,
    Nicole

23. Michelle says:

Ello Seleta,

Your summer blogging slow down gives me a chance to catch up on your blog! There are so many great reads on here from years ago, so I hope your readers will take this time to stroll down memory lane :)

If you blogged everyday yet neglected your family, that just wouldn’t be you. Good for you to grab hold of those reigns and slow the pace down (I added that horse analogy just for you ;)

Have an enjoyable summer with your family!

Love,