It’s time for our annual style session with Tracery Interiors. This has become a fun tradition to do with friend Paige, Tracery owner and Interior Designer. Each year we style a Thanksgiving table together using only one table and set of dishes…then show you how to change up the look using different accessories. Today’s style session took place in the elegant Tracery Interiors design studio.
This year we came up with a fun idea: Paige and I would each post one of the three styles on our respective blogs today. “Wait, that’s only two styles,” you say. You’re right! The third style is an all white table setting. We’re saving it for Wednesday White, so check back on my blog then to see the all white look.
On with our style session. And I have to tell you I fell in LOVE with this look!
1. Inexpensive target dishes, which I adore. Recently blogged all about them here.
2. Target silverware
3. Crate & Barrel wine glasses
4. Everything else from Tracery Interiors ; )
THANKSGIVING TABLE LOOK #1: SIMPLE SHIMMER
In lieu of using a traditional table runner, Paige and I dotted around mercury votives filled with freshly planted succulents for a punch of color on the table. The varying textures in the votives mixed with the smooth green leaves of the plants create visual harmony and interest. Note the hint of mercury in the accessory grouping on the buffet behind the table.
These mercury votives are about my favorite little things in the world. I have a small collection in my home and love how they go with everything and exude a soft lightwhen a candle is lit inside. (I actually took home two more after the photo session!) We decided to try putting succulents inside and I went crazy when I saw them…the green is so pretty against the shiny neutral surface.
Note: the votives are only $11-$13 each and can be pre-wrapped and shipped your way. Contact Tracery Interiors if you’d like one or some ; )
How precious would these votives and succulents be as a parting favor for ANY dinner party or gathering? I’m thinking Christmas dinner, New Year’s Eve party, bridal shower, Mother’s Day, and on and on…
THANKSGIVING TABLE LOOK #2: BOLD & CHIC [click here to see]
This look blew me out of the water. It was so fun to create! If you love pops of seasonal color anchored with modern touches, then you MUST see. Go check out look #2 right over here at Tracery Interior’s blog. Paige will tell you allllll about it.
THANKSGIVING TABLE LOOK #3: [coming up]
THANKSGIVING TABLE DECORATING
1. Be creative. When it comes to styling, find a new use for something you already have in your home. In this case, we used our trusty Tracery mercury votives…but used them in a whole new way! We fell in love with them all over again!
2. Incorporate texture. I probably say this too much, but texture is key when working with a monochromatic scheme. As you can see on our table, we used simple dishes and essentially no color, but brought in texture with an inexpensive piece of cream toned burlap. No hemming or sewing, just cut down to a size so it could drape across the table.
3. Work with mother nature. Again, sounding like a broken record because I say this all the time. But it’s amazing the greenery you can borrow from the outside to awaken the inside of your home. Big leaves placed in simple vases can add drama to a simple setting. Long stemmed branches with a colorful flower placed in the middle can anchor the center of a table. You’d be surprised how many beautiful, yet unconventional things mother nature can provide…and all found in your back yard!
. . . .
You can check out our previous Thanksgiving Style Sessions from last year over here and and the year before that right here, which includes a helpful step-by-step tutorial on styling your table. And don’t forget to take a peek at today’s “Bold & Chic” Thanksgiving table over at Tracery Interiors blog. I’m headed over there to peek at it right now!