sparkle of hope

After my serious downer post yesterday, I’m guessing there are about three of you left.  I promise, no more somber words.  My job here is to uplift and inspire you, and doing this brings me great joy.  Thank you for sharing your hearts and feedback, I truly enjoyed every word and reflected on your thoughts.

God will supply the peace and hope we all need…in time.  We also need to support and care for each other in the day to day as we try our best to recover and renew.  That being said, thought I would share some photos of our brood from this time last year.  The kiddos were all spiffed up in fancy duds for our annual visit with Santa.  Do you spy flip flops and jeans with holes?  Hello beach family.

family christmas pic

Afterward we did a little shopping.

Love this glimpse from the sweet sales woman in the window…

christmas1

Found some pretty books.

christmas4

So we read a few together.

christmas2

christmas3

We all agree that Anthro has the best beds.

christmas5

Here is one of my first instagram pictures, ha.  Love the idea of painting a terra cotta pot red and putting a fresh evergreen inside…great gift!

christmas6

Funny, the only things we bought that night were a few books and hot chocolate for the kids.  But the memories are forever. Even one year later, I have a warm feeling thinking of that evening.

As we scramble in and out of stores trying to knock out that ever-so-long Christmas list, I leave you today with these true words…

things you cannot buy

One of the greatest gifts we can give this season is…each other.

This entry was posted in About me, Christmas, Faith, Our Family. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

Amen. You sparkle girl. I prefer you sparkly….but hey, I’ll love you any which way you are.

2. Beth Pate says:

Thank-you for your beautiful, heartfelt words. I am sitting here this morning with coffee in hand and went to your blog hoping you would share some words of encouragement after this horiffic crime. You did not disappoint! We should take time to stop and reflect on such a tragic situation. I am sorry for those that want to keep moving @ warp speed and have no time for reflection. We should ask ourselves what can we as individuals do to pay respect for all those lives lost? Now more then ever, we must reflect that beacon of light to the world, that so many desperately need to see which is love, patience, acceptance. We must show that the darkness will not consume the light. This perticular song has been ringing through my head since that horiffic day, “let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me”. The reality is, more people need to pause, reflect and move forth with a renewed strength to love as Christ loves each of us. Thank-you for sharing! Beth

3. MH says:

Seleta – thanks for the fun post. Random… where is anthropologie here? I’m really missing out if it’s within 20 miles…. isn’t that what you mean by anthro?

Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

4. Seleta says:

PvE, good to see you here this morning : )

MH, our Anthro visit was in Atlanta! How I WISH we had an Anthro even 50 miles of here.

Seleta

5. Nancy Powell says:

Amen! Happy Holidays to you and your family Seleta!
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

6. Myra says:

Hi Seleta, still here and still enjoy your blog all the way as far from the beach in Oklahoma as you can get. Have wanted to let you know for awhile how much I look forward to your posts! Merry Christmas!

7. jana says:

Thanks for sharing. I needed that. A blessed Christmas to you.

8. mia says:

Thank you for sharing some uplifting photos. Not a day has passed since 12/14 that I haven’t shed tears for those beautiful angels. You are absolutely right – love is what allows us to move forward. Love heals, love welcomes, love comforts and love lifts us.

9. Dawn says:

Still here. :) Thanks for your post yesterday. Merry Christmas.

10. Beautiful photos!
    I came to wish you a Merry Christmas with your wonderful family.
    Feliz Navidad!
    Besos, Silvina

11. matina says:

Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones! You have a wonderful family and gorgeous children!!! I wish you the best! Greetings from Greece.
    Matina