favorite whites

The other day I was thinking about how many pretty white things there are in life.  And how I love them so : )  Thought I would share some faves from my growing list.  These are in no particular order.

1.  Pretty dishes arranged together.  Specifically plates, teapots and creamers.

white12list

I think my head would completely explode from excitement if I had a shelf like this in our home.

white11list

white5list

2.  Winter white coat.  A classic wardrobe staple every girl must have.  I have a little tweed cream coat – think it’s going on five years now.  Still love it.

white9list

3.  White flowers in the house.  They refresh any space.

white8list

4.  Horses.  Without them life is not nearly as fun or beautiful.

white10list

5.  Canvas bins.  They really do bring me extreme joy.  And if they’re labeled?  Makes me burst with happiness.  I use these affordable bins for just about everything in our home and love them.

white6list

6.  Cream cheese frosting.  The best.

How I make mine:  1 stick of butter, 8 ounces of cream cheese, confectioner’s sugar to taste.  Whip and enjoy.

white7list

7.  Ballet.  Love the way it magically reappeared in my life in a whole new way.  Talked about it over here.  Someday I need to blog about our first Nutcracker performance in Seaside, it was truly magical!

jcrewballet3

8.  A classic white home.  You’re probably thinking  “well, duh.”

white13list

QUESTION:  What is a favorite white on your list?

This entry was posted in About me, Accessories, Kitchens, Organizing, Random Thoughts, White Spaces. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. MiMi says:

White menswear button down and white T shirts….always helps me feel ” brighter and more summery” even on a gloomy day like today:)

2. Lori H says:

I agree with mimi – white shirts! And white houses and crisp white trim work in a room. White stoneware is a favorite of mine. Any chance we could see your canvas bins in action? :)

3. jana says:

Ahhh, I love white too. White woodwork, white orchids, white pumpkins, white bean soup, crisp white blouses(of which I have several)…the list goes on.

no brainer Seleta, a blank canvas, a fresh white piece or watercolor, white snow (which we woke up to – today) White sheets – white chocolate, white marshmallows, white flowers, white sugar….and white sel de mer salt –

my white porcelain teapot,
    white ginger tea.

6. erin says:

absolutely lovely.

7. Nicole says:

freshly fallen snow, of course… and I’m currently swooning over white accessories dotted among books in a bookcase, and always fresh white flowers! Oh, and just about everything on everyone else’s lists. ;)

8. Annette says:

The filling in creme puffs, majestic glaciers and white dresses make my list. White is so pure and angelic, and must always be clean.

9. carol jane says:

Love white. White paint, white curtains, white cars, white slipcovers, white fluffy towels, white sheets, white down comforters. Wow. the list can go on and on. I LOVE WHITE!!!

10. Rebekah says:

. . . though my sins were like scarlet, they’ve been made white as snow . . . though they were red like crimson they’ve been made white like wool.

11. CArolyn says:

Thick white towels, bathmats and bathrobe. I splurged many many years ago on a ridiciously expensive large thick white bath mat and it is still yummy! Love to wash it and let it dry outside in the sun. It makes stepping out of the shower feel like pure heaven!

12. MiMi says:

Thanks Rebekah for the reminder….and ditto to all the other comments. How about that white sand on the Gulf of Mexico in Seaside:)

13. Allison A. says:

Love White. So pure, so crisp and fresh, so clean and I think white is feminine. My white hydrangeas and white roses, vanilla bean cupcakes with snowy white frosting ( your frosting sounds scrumptious Seleta), a crisp tailored white button down blouse and of course pearls!

14. Jennifer K says:

My kitchen! I have white cupboards, and the walls are newly painted BM White Dove . . . next up, the adjacent dining room! There is nothing better than a light, bright room. Also, my go-to white oxford cloth shirt – love!

15. Kathi White says:

You know that I still go a little crazy loving your Wednesday Whites.