summer staples

Summer weather has made its way to our little beach town and living on the bay has magnified my desire for breezy afternoons, sunset drinks, and leisurely beach strolls.  I feel all nautical inside.  Want to submerge myself in creams, linen and stripes and just  r-e-l-a-x.

nautical2

If you like a soft hue as an accent on your ceiling, you may enjoy the color Green Tint 2139-60 by Benjamin Moore.

green tint ben moore

nautical3

nautical4

nautical1

While our house is nowhere near styled (a of bunch kids and farm animals, shocker I know) I still find myself mesmerized by the charm of living on the bay.  The ever-changing look and mood of the water is pure magic.  You just never know what you’ll see.  Right now it’s sparkling and murky blue with two pelicans bobbing for fish.  Earlier it was glassy with a surprise appearance from five playful dolphin frolicking by our dock.  This fluctuating palette keeps my insatiable appetite for beauty filled until I can make a few changes on our rental’s interior.

A porch inspiration picture I love…

nautical5

Since summer is officially one week away, I put together a few of my current faves that make a perfect and classic nautical statement.  Most of these are under $50.  P.S.  dying for the shoes…

nautical

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5

This entry was posted in About me, Accessories, Fashion, Fourth of July, Living Rooms, Paint Colors, White Spaces. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Celia says:

Thanks for the links. See a shopping spree in my future. Love nautical themes.

2. Cheryl says:

Love the photos and nautical pretties. The Kate Spade shoes are a must.

3. Portia says:

Seleta you would love Lisbon. The entire city is designed on Nautical themes in honor of the country’s maritime history. Even many buildings have rope borders. You should visit sometime.

4. Zaby says:

How is your sweet Pom Pom with Miette?

5. Kathy says:

In early June, our family heads to your little town for the week. At this point it is hard to even concentrate on the daily business of life, for all the dreaming that is going on! We love where you live and cherish our yearly week there. Your images are inspiring. Enjoy your day!

6. Emily says:

I have those wedges! They are wonderful! Great images. I especially like the one with the tolix chairs on the deck.

7. Aunt Pat says:

I love the images of light and windows and the soft, cool hues of tinted whites and creamy beiges.

8. susie says:

You are definitely making me wish I was walking on the beach right now, feeling the soft sand between my toes, taking in the beautiful scenery of the waves rolling in and on the look out for dolphins swimming by. Seaside and Rosemary Beach sound heavenly right now.

9. Michele says:

Hi Seleta what beautiful images! Do you know the original source for the first photo? Id love to see more of that house!