Why does Target continue to taunt me with their adorable home good items? I swear every week I see something new that’s hard to resist. It’s like they have a workshop of design elves cranking out products left and right while we sleep. Like this swanky little brass and wood bar cart that just came out.
They, the evil, cracked out, design-pusher elves, styled it for you here – of course with links to all items on the cart. I mean, come on. When I think about my relationship with Target I realize it’s the poster child of dysfunction. They’re always waving something new and pretty in my face – and I can’t say seem to say no. Stop it. Stop it right now, Target. But please keep going, I love it. See what I mean? Psycho. How am I supposed to focus on responsible things such as grocery shopping, meal planning, and saving for the future (yawn) when there is a bar cart missing in my life? Rationally, I know that I don’t need this. Not one little bit. But more than likely I’ll pull the trigger and feel a tinge of resentment flooded with joy. Can someone explain this phenomenon? And yes, I am one of the .005% of designers who do not actually own a bar cart.
Let’s forget the fact that I don’t have time to entertain, much less indulge in an evening cocktail, yet I still fantasize about moments like this…
Maybe I could use a bar cart for serving pink lemonade when our childrens’ friends come over? #whatkidwouldcareaboutthis #purchasejustification
Just to show you my sickness is healthy and thriving with other discount retailers, I put together some more affordable goodies that have recently caught my eye.
1. Adorable sunburst mirror.
2. This decanter with gold dots is presh – would also make a perfect hostess gift.
3. This gold mirror top accent table would be cute above a headboard, chest, console, or ahem, bar cart.
4. These marble print trays look promising. Note: I also have a tray problem.
5. Saying yes to this dotty jewlery box on sale. But kind of annoyed with the shipping cost.
6. The other marble print tray.
7. Sassy little square pouf on sale.