wednesday white love

This week has been filled with lots of parent duties: helping with homework, making meals, and shuffling kiddos from one after-school activity to the next.  It is a busy season of life.   It doesn’t always feel glamorous.  I know many of you are in the same boat.  At times it’s easy to feel like you’re managing a process and not really moving ahead.  But you are moving ahead…and more.  You are changing lives.  I think the act of giving needs to be recognized more in the world.  I have to consciously remind myself that these years are so critical to our children, and all of the countless hours are an investment in their self-worth and future.

wed white5

via

This message is for anyone who expresses love by helping another.  Maybe you’re a parent working extra hard right now, or helping an elderly relative, or mentoring a child, or taking care of someone in a way they cannot care for themselves.  There are so many acts of love.  Keep up the good work.  Your dedication is changing a life.

wed white1

This entry was posted in About me, Accessories, Office, Organizing, Random Thoughts, White Spaces. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Dori says:

Thanks so much for the encouraging post!

2. BethA says:

Thanks for this post, Seleta. I’ve got an elderly parent I’m taking care of, while balancing being available for my husband and teenager. I really needed this encouragement.

3. JuliaW says:

Your words are so very true. Thank you for the reminder!

4. Sonya says:

Thank you Seleta & as I’ve been saying for years-love this blog!

5. Aunt Pat says:

Love the quote! Yes, the times with your children are precious. Enjoy them. Post when you can–they are always timely and great reading. Your followers will understand and continue to follow.

6. Seleta says:

Thanks Dori, Julia, Sonya and Aunt Pat. You words are so kind.

Beth, what a remarkable gift to give your parent. I hope you are able to carve out some down time for yourself and quality time with your husband and teen.

Seleta

7. nastasha says:

Thank you Seleta for the wonderfully encouraging post. You are truly an angel in my life in so many ways.

8. analise says:

It’s good to know the good we do is appreciated and also in small ways comes back to us. We all need a few “Its a Wonderful Life” moments. I love your blog Seleta and you.

Seleta,
    As we are now in the season of Lent, the “everydayness” that hems each of us in filled with daily obligations and duties, we are reminded to carve a sacred space and attentiveness to listen and to speak to God. I find that surrendering my burdens and focusing on a light heart helps me to do the “daily slog” as I call it.
    Again, your posts are always spot on, and uplifting. I thank-you and always look forward to your words and images that say it all. I wish you would write a book that I could carry around with me.

10. I needed to read this today. Thanks for summing up what we do in such a meaningful way. It filled my heart. :)