Love the classical architecture of Peter Zimmerman Architects. You may remember me gushing over their work and sharing the unusual way I found them in a previous post here. Well, the obsession continues. Voila.
Dying. And this is one moment I would opt to live in a pool house.
Can you imagine this view? Sailboats and yachts cruising by while you draw a bath and kick back a glass of wine.
And everything about this combination will be forever in style.
You can see more gorgeous work on their website. Now I can’t just share these jaw-dropping images then completely drop you with no way to incorporate added beauty around your own home. That would be cruel. So I found a few classic and easy projects for your to try on your own.
EASY WEEKEND DESIGN PROJECTS
- Love this article which shares four quick and realistic interior/exterior weekend projects for your home. The front door they show is AMAZING.
- This wonderful tutorial by an interior design professional teaches you the do’s and don’t of hanging pictures above the sofa. Includes lovely, hand drawn and helpful illustrations.
- I really really love this painted deck. Yes, and it includes all the DIY steps.
- Nothing adds flair to a classic, traditional interior like a few touches of modern art. This easy DIY Mondrian inspired art project is super chic. All you need is card stock, glue, and an old frame – my kinda project!
- For a more traditional approach to art, you might try what I did this week, which is frame the prints of a calendar in a dramatic grouping. I used the 2013 bird calendar by Cavallini papers and love it. Here is a small glimpse of what it looks like up (sorry not exactly styled) in our bay home. The tired guy pictured is our youngest, who earned some TV time after helping me clean the house all morning!
Cheers to the weekend and finishing a few fun projects!