I’ve had a few last minute road trips this summer. Most recently, I took a jaunt to Ocala in search of my next horse. 800 miles of driving and seven horses to ride…all in a 48 hour stretch. It was a doozy. Not to mention the endless hours of going through ads trying to find the right horse to go see! Clever packing with style and comfort is not always easy, but key to feeling your best on a journey. Here are the “must haves” currently in my suitcase.
1. Obsessed with these equi in style cool shirts. Slim fit, flattering, and an elegant mesh along the arms for a pop. Love the sea breeze, white, and navy. SPF 50, so you can protect that pretty skin. Perfect for the beach, golfing, running, tennis, hiking, schlepping kids, or anything outdoors. Throw one on with yoga pants and out the door you go! I wear these when riding in 100 degree roasting Florida sun and feel so cool – never have that sweaty “clothes-sticking-to-me” feeling anymore. Worth every penny.
Here I am wearing the sea breeze on one of my trial rides the other day. Don’t judge – I was trying to get the hang of riding a bigger steed, ha ha.
2. Love these Ralph Lauren sunglasses – super comfy and stylish, and a bonus that they’re polarized. Wear them in every situation – dressy or casual. Or with all of my kids piled on top of me.
4. I live in these wedges…they go with everything!
5. I am in love with this summer stripes dress – it lives in my suitcase because it’s so versatile. Perfect for a beach trip or simple summer evening. Seersucker stripes and green are my fave!! Will try to get you a pic wearing it soon. Here it is on a deja vu model…
6. Love this Seaside citrus body lotion apres a shower – feels like home when I’m on the road.
7. Rosy cheeks and a lip glow makes me feel more pulled together – especially when traveling. I always keep lipgloss in my purse to dab on – currently loving superbalm in apricot by clinique. MAC’s cremeblend blush in Posey is my mainstay blush year round.
8. This tote has it all – looks, practicality, and stunt doubles as a clutch. LOVE.
. . . .