A few members of our troop have been hit with some brutal virus in the last 24 hours. Lots of blankets, chicken soup, Motrin, and TLC going on over here. The show goes on for our remaining healthy ones, so life really doesn’t slow down. I was working on another Christmas post, but realized I need to recharge and apply my message from earlier this week.
Today I’ll share some favorite and EASY (for my fellow non-bakers) holiday treat recipes I’ve been collecting so you can have a little fun in the kitchen over the weekend. It’s a lot of sugar in one post, so grab your insulin pen and let’s go.
1. The cutest DIY peppermint candy spoons here.
2. Adorable (and yes, very easy) brownie Christmas Trees with little peppermint trunks here.
3. Chocolate covered strawberry Christmas Trees on top of oreos here. LOVE these.
4. Fast and fun Christmas tree pretzels here. This one has a nice video tutorial in addition to the written instruction and pics of the steps.
5. For the bakers, love this Christmas Tree cake and recipe here.
Last night a few of us cranked the Christmas tunes and made chocolate-dipped and crushed candy cane pretzel rods for the first time. I’ve always wanted to make these with the kids, but wasn’t sure how hard it would be to work with the melted coating, etc. Yep, I’m that challenged in the kitchen. It was really fun once we got the hang of it.
Happy Christmasing in your kitchen!