I was so inspired by the gorgeous home in yesterday’s post, that I put together a design board to share how to implement fresh blue and white in your home. A preppy look in today’s design world has more modern elements and less frills, and is more streamlined with a mix of varied finishes and styles. I put my own spin on this board while keeping in mind the aesthetic of our inspiration home. Most importantly, all items on this board are easy on the purse strings.
First things first, a palette in Ben Moore’s Simply White OC-117 for walls and moulding. I recently selected this color for a client’s bathroom with colorful glass tile and quartz counters. I love that it’s a fresh white without feeling too stark or creamy.
1. These classic baskets are perfect for extra blankets and stray toys.
2. This white ribbon coral on crystal base would be gorgeous on a bookshelf or in a space that’s a darker blue (for contrast).
3. These ceramic lamps are a great price and easy way to update a room. The pretty splash of blue against white walls is fetching. They’re sold as a set, which is nice!
4. Amanda Stone Talley painting – a smaller piece still has impact, great investment.
5. Just saw this metal accent table in person and think it’s adorable next to chair or sofa.
6. Gold bamboo hardware is a great way to update a simple chest or blasé cabinets – plus it’s always good to mix metal finishes throughout your home.
7. A white garden stool keeps the preppy vibe alive.
8. One great design investment for any home is this parsons desk (on sale). We have this one in my 13 year old’s bedroom and I hope someday she gets bored with it so I can snag it for my bedroom ; )
9. This 5 x 8 rug in a soft pattern would be lovely layered over a larger jute or seagrass rug to add a hint of color and pattern.
10. Sophisticated wall sconces in chrome are a great way to mix metals in your space – only $68.
11. Adorable tufted settee in deep blue.
. . . .
I’m off early to enjoy the holiday weekend (after I survive today’s teacher work day, ugh). Be back first of next week. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!